Head of HR
Job Title: Head of HR
Role Type: Full-Time Permanent
Temple Group Management is the parent company providing oversight and shared services (including HR) to a group of businesses including Temple (www.templegroup.co.uk), The Ecology Consultancy (www.ecologyconsultancy.co.uk) and Arbeco (www.arbeco.co.uk) in offices across the UK.
The Group is an SME, with circa 200 staff and is one of the UK’s leading independent infrastructure and property consultancies, specialising in environment, planning and sustainability.
This is a unique opportunity to make your mark in a business with ambitious growth plans as part of our 2025 Strategy. We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated HR Manager willing to hands-on and with strategic and change management experience, preferably in a multi-business context.
You will be engaged in all HR matters from the employer brand to employee engagement and organisational development/re-structuring to training. You will help us to shape our People Strategy to align with our 2025 Strategy and beyond.
Through day to day HR activities and your leadership of our HR Steering Group, you will be working directly with Executive Directors and report to the Group Board.
You will be responsible for our HR Advisor and developing our line managers in the operating businesses to ensure a consistent approach to meeting the required HR standards.
The role is varied and will require a strong personality with excellent leadership and communication skills.
- To work with the Executive Directors to develop an effective and commercially focused HR and People Strategy aligned to the business objectives and purpose.
- To create an appropriate HR dashboard to complement the strategy and translate key data to inform the executive and senior management team on the best course of action.
- To ensure legal compliance across the organisation and develop a framework of HR policies and systems supported by best practice.
- To provide Group resource information to respond to tenders and operational needs.
- To provide monthly Board reports against KPIs and sharing progress against key projects.
- To help oversee the one business change and one company mindset.
- To manage difficult and challenging HR cases as they arise.
- To lead on diversity and inclusion.
- To manage all aspects of the employee journey from recruitment, through onboarding, appraisal and review, through to exit.
- To develop (in collaboration with the Executive team and other senior staff) innovative recruitment strategies to address a tight labour market and oversee its implementation,
- To co-ordinate remuneration and flexible benefits policies with reference to external benchmarks.
- To inform monthly payroll (owned by the Financial Controller), this is complex given the dynamic nature of the resourcing and seasonal variability, and accuracy is essential;
- To maintain, update and review HR policies, procedures and guidelines and ensure compliance with company values.
- To maintain and update the HR section of the Group database system.
Our employees are based in 8 offices across England, but the Head of HR will work primarily in our London offices within 5-20 minutes’ walk from London Bridge.
The successful candidate could be based in London or Sussex but in practice is likely to spend a minimum of 3 days per week in the central London offices and at least one day/week in Sussex (Haywards Heath).
During the year there will be a rolling programme to attend the other offices in the Group.
The successful candidate will be:
- Degree educated.
- CIPD qualified ideally to level 7 with evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Skills and experience:
- This is a key role for the business in securing its 2025 Strategy so the candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to multi-task and cite examples of leading out on business-critical projects/initiatives.
- To have SME experience and be familiar with a multi-business operating environment.
- To have strong change management skills and be able to demonstrate recent experience of significant change programmes.
- To have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence the executive and senior management team.
- To be conversant with commercial and cost saving imperatives and be able to communicate these and also align these to relevant people strategies.
- To have a strong knowledge of employment law and proven experience of applying new legislation to a variety of HR situations.
- To have strong organisation skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise, whilst working under pressure and minimal supervision.
- To demonstrate analytical skills with a passion to deliver the right outcomes for the business and become the employer of choice in the market place.
For further information, please contact Andrew Bryant / Tracey Barney at email@example.com
If you are interested please apply below and send a CV and a covering letter setting out what you can bring to the role. Interviews will take place week commencing 2nd of December 2019 - early applications are encouraged.
Apply for Head of HR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly