We are a fast growing, FM organisation based in East Kilbride looking for an experienced HR Manager with up to date knowledge of UK employment law to grow and develop a team of HR consultants. Experience within the Facilities Management sector would be beneficial but not essential.
Working closely with the Managing Director and Operations Director of the business you will help develop and implement the HR strategy across the UK.
As the HR Manager your primary focus is to deliver an effective and fit for purpose compliant HR service as well as manage the operational, budgetary, financial and other human resources activities. You will also assist in the implementation of systems and processes that perform the work and fulfil the mission and the goals of the business effectively and efficiently.
Support the development of management excellence across the business
- Managing recruitment and staffing process
- Managing content of job descriptions to attract quality candidates
- Developing company documentation and policies
- Managing performance of current employees
- Generating reports and data to quantify performance and skills
- Assisting with employee discipline
- Offering orientation and other aspects of new employee onboarding
- Sitting on company committees to provide feedback and ways to improve the resources available to employees
- Overseeing and scheduling employee counselling and other services
- Overseeing compliance requirements
- Following up on performance concerns and disciplinary action with staff members
- Overviewing staff development, learning and training
- Developing and implementing new processes to help the organisation offer a better workplace for staff
- Experience on the TUPE process
HR Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Good People Skills, Ability to Lead and Manage Employees, Participating in employee discipline and possible legal appeals for terminated staff, Organisational Skills, Sensitivity in Handling Confidential Issues, Good Oral and Written Communication Skills, Experience with Benefits, Employee Resources, and Employment Laws and Regulations, and Excellent Leadership skills to provide guidance and assistance to employees within the department as well as throughout the company.
The ideal candidate will have the following relevant experience:
- Chartered or Fellow member of the CIPD
- At least 10+ years HR Management experience
- Team management
- Implementation experience
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK outside COVID
- Developmental management style
- Ideal for someone seeking to develop a senior HR career