Head of Medical Workforce
A London based NHS trust is looking for a band 8B level Head of Medical Workforce to join them on an interim basis.
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership and expertise in all matters pertaining to the medical workforce, and to help develop the Medical Directorate as a cohesive team.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent, flexible and proactive leadership and support to the Medical Director, Deputy Medical Director (DMD) and Director of Medical Education (DME), and Clinical Directors in all matters pertaining to the medical workforce
- Provide key support for the Medical Director, Director of Medical Education and Deputy Medical Director, ensuring they receive high quality, prompt advice and support on all matters relating to the medical workforce.
- Ensure compliance with nationally agreed terms and conditions for all grades of medical staff
- Lead on the projects to implement the new Junior Doctor Contract and the Consultant Contract as and when agreed in line with national agreements
- Working with the Medical Director to ensure where employee relations issues arise these are dealt with in line with Maintaining High Professional Standards (MHPS)
- Providing guidance and support to Medical Managers in respect of progressing cases under MHPS as well as Medical Education colleagues in respect of trainees
- Provide high quality support and advice to managers and clinical leaders in all aspects of medical productivity, including, for example, the effective use of job planning, flexible working, and locums.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of MHPS
- Good team management skills
- Strong knowledge of medical terms and conditions
- Ability to work across and liaise with other departments and bodies
If you have relevant experience, skills, and qualifications, please submit your CV.