HR Business Partner (Maternity Cover)
My client, a leading Education organisation now requires an experienced HR Business Partner to cover a period of maternity leave of approximately 12 months.
Please note applicants must be available to start by early October 2020 and working options for this role are available on either a part time (minimum 3 days per week) or full time basis.
Reporting in a matrixed structure to the HR Director and Principal and with management responsibility for an HR Adviser, as HR Business Partner you will take responsibility for delivering HR-related aspects of the organisations strategy as well as the tactical delivery of operational aspects of HR and a portfolio of HR projects. You’ll also be required to build strong relationships with key partners including Senior leaders, line managers and Trade Unions.
To be considered you will require:
- Education to degree level (or equivalent relevant experience) and ideally be Chartered CIPD qualified (or equivalent).
- Proven experience as an HR Business Partner/ Manager gained in a Schools or possibly other academic setting.
- A sound knowledge of current legislation and employment law.
- Experience of handling an employee relations caseload.
- Previous experience of advising on staff policies and procedures.
- Experience of successfully line managing staff.
- Experience of partnership working with trade unions and/or staff groups
- Experience of administering payroll administration, whilst working with an external payroll provider.
- An understanding of safeguarding as it relates to children
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills coupled with a confident and credible approach and the to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.