We are seeking a trustee with HR or Legal expertise to provide expert guidance on legal and/or HR at DataKind UK, relating to the organisation, its volunteers and its data science work.
The purpose of this role (dependent on the specific skills of the appointed trustee) will be to:
- Ensure the HR functions of the organisation are conducted within legal requirements and best practice.
- Provide guidance and support to ensure the highest standards of governance in policies and practice related to recruitment, retention, performance and reward as well as staff and trustee development, including the review of policies and risks.
- Provide the Board of Trustees and staff team with guidance on legal matters and to liaise with external advisors if required, ensuring that the charity is kept up to date and informed of any changes and updates to its legal obligations.
- Where appropriate, to provide ad hoc advice including on commercial agreements, property law and charity law.
- Set, shape and deliver key objectives from the charity’s strategic plans, alongside fellow Board members and staff.
Essential skills or experiences
- Experience working in HR or legal roles, in a private or third sector context
- Experience of performance management, HR/employment law issues and implementing them contextually
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of current developments in HR, staff and development training and recruitment
- Sound, independent judgement and ability to think creatively
- An understanding of the role and importance of responsible data use within the social sector. Candidates need not be experts in this area, but need to have a keen interest and openness to learning.
For further information, please see the candidate pack: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NtOhRL_PSpruSqZe5vTmTLGJ8LgZ6lB7SDHiWXlpdNM/edit#
Apply for Trustee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly