Head of Talent & Resourcing (Internal Recruitment)
- Full Time
Head of Talent & Resourcing (Internal Recruitment)
Maternity cover- temporary, approximately 12-14 months
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Flexible (located within reach of our business operating areas*)
Salary: Circa £60,000
Now is a really exciting time to join our client. They’re working towards their vision where everyone has a home. It’s a bold statement but one everyone across the business is passionate about. They believe that work isn’t somewhere you go, it’s something you do. No two days are the same here, and agile working is the norm rather than the exception.
They’re on an exciting transformation journey.
Their business strategy is clear. Their vision is bold.
They invest in colleagues because they know if they have a better day at work, the service their customers receive will be better. To ensure they have a great day at work, we offer things like;
- Flexible working – whilst some roles need to be carried out in a specific place at a specific time, where possible they encourage colleagues to work to their own schedule at a location that suits them and their team
- A focus on colleague wellbeing – workshops, an employee assistance programme offering counselling and support, virtual GP services, mental health training and a health cash plan for all
- They invest in colleagues’ careers and development through leader and colleague development frameworks
- Defined Contribution Pension and attached life assurance
- Volunteering hours available to all colleagues to enable them to give back
- Savings at cinemas, gyms, holidays, days out, various shops and eateries and lots more
- Enhanced leave
- They celebrate colleagues who go above and beyond with a range of personalised thank you and monthly and annual awards.
To support their vision, they have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Talent Specialist to join the People team as Head of Talent & Resourcing on a 12-14 month temporary contract, to continue to develop the re-design of a newly formed Talent & Resourcing function. This is a unique opportunity to join a thriving and exciting business at a pivotal time in it’s transformation.
You will be responsible for leading the Talent & Resourcing team, ensuring professional end to end resourcing strategy and service across all areas of the business, delivering quality hires in the most efficient way and with the best candidate experience. This is an exciting role, working closely with all business areas to ensure a smooth and robust recruitment process is embedded across the group. Your remit will include recruitment, selection, workforce planning and succession management.
You will have oversight and leadership of the Talent & Resourcing function in taking a
proactive and consultative approach, to deliver innovative, high-quality resourcing advice and solutions for the business ensuring they find, excite, select, recruit and onboard the best talent. Embedding a business partner model to help support the delivery of key transformation projects, whilst owning and developing the talent agenda to ensure our client has a talent pipeline that is fit for the future and inclusive.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the People Director you will be responsible for:-
- Leading the new Talent & Resourcing team, providing them with direction, coaching and guidance to ensure that they are able to provide and sustain an excellent and efficient customer focused resourcing service
- Working collaboratively with the People Director, Heads of Service and Executive team to establish and develop an appropriate and timely response to key organisational resource issues, ensuring we meet future organisational challenges aligned to corporate objectives, identifying and improving current recruitment practices
- Leading the talent agenda for the Group, developing first class attraction strategies, emerging talent programmes and evolving talent development frameworks to ensure the workforce is prepared for the future
- Working in partnership with the Communications team to design and develop an Employee Value Proposition that ensure our client attracts the best talent, supporting their aim to be an employer of choice
- Translating resourcing requirements and talent management information in to achievable resource plans and strategies, including talent pipeline design, working collaboratively with Directors to ensure recruiting processes articulate a cultural vision.
- Working in collaboration with the Employee Experience & Organisational Learning team to ensure a joined-up approach to selection, on-boarding and induction that is aligned to the corporate strategy.
- Establishing key quality metrics that measure outcomes and efficiency, enabling better experience, decision-making, cost effectiveness and results.Regularly assessing talent and resourcing activities to ensure their effectiveness at achieving desired outcomes
You will bring demonstrable experience of developing and managing high performing individuals and teams, building close relationships and partnerships with key internal and external partners
You will have proven experience of implementing recruitment strategies in a complex environment with an emphasis on transformation and culture change
A self-starter who is passionate about delivering quality resourcing outcomes
You will be joining a team who are going through a period of change, therefore you will have a high degree of emotional intelligence, excellent leadership skills coupled with the ability to sell the Talent vision and bring the team and business with you on the journey
About the Group
They’re a not-for-dividend business established in 1990 and have over £1.6 billion worth of assets. They own and maintain over 30,000 homes, provide services to approximately 90,000 customers and employ 1,300 people. Their Foundation is their way of giving something back. It’s the work they choose to do over and above their landlord and development activities.
Ready to apply?
They’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and believe that creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do. So, do you have a ‘can do’ attitude? Are you flexible and able to fulfil the needs of this business? If you think you fit the bill and you’re ready for a new challenge they’d love to hear from you.
* At present all interviews are being held using ‘Microsoft Teams’ online, however if the current pandemic situation allows interviews may be held in one of the main office locations, situated in Andover, Devizes, Poole or Wells.