Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion – Band 8B
My client, a large NHS Trust in London is looking to appoint an experienced Head of EDI on a permanent basis.
This role is a key Trust role reporting to the Director of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and you will drive forward the EDI strategy in collaboration with all functions within the Trust. The post holder will passionate, driven and focused on all aspects of EDI and is able to work in a highly motivated environment.
This operational role holds responsibility and accountability for providing effective and inclusive leadership, co-ordination and management of the EDI function. Developing and supporting the delivery of a refreshed EDI strategy and objectives aligned to the vision, values and objectives of the Trust.
The post holder will support the Trust in the development of policies, processes and procedures that have EDI at its core. Developing ways of working that hold true to the values of the organisation and reflect the diverse needs and aspirations of the Trusts staff, patients, carers, families and the wider communities served by the Trust.
The post holder will act as a source of professional advice and expertise, developing and acting upon specialist knowledge and current approaches in EDI. The post holder will:
- Ensure that there are EDI policies, systems and processes are in place to ensure that the Trust is compliant with all legal requirements as outlined in the Equality Act 2010
- Ensure that relevant reports, updates and presentations are presented through the governance processes of the Trust.
- Ensure that the Trust has a robust Equality Impact Assessment process in place, with the support tools and training for managers and staff.
- Support the development and delivery of the Trusts core objectives and those specific to EDI
- Work with the wider system EDI leads supporting the agenda of Integrated Care and connecting with our local communities
- Support the development and delivery of annual work plans for the EDI function
If you are looking for a new role and fit the profile above please do get in touch.