HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner required, to provide a professional HR service to managers within a designated area on all workforce related matters including resourcing, management of attendance, performance management, employee relations issues and general HR management interventions, to deliver business objectives. To support business managers and the HR service in achieving the Council’s strategic objectives.
- Provide high quality HR advice and guidance to managers on a range of staffing issues, including complex cases and policy / procedural issues relating to both individuals and groups of staff.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with supported managers and other stakeholders, to ensure that HR plans and interventions deliver positive outcomes.
- Participate in on-going discussions with divisional or service area management teams, in a variety of formal settings to support and guide managers either individually or at a team level; enhancing capability to manage HR services, ensuring that policy and legislative requirements are met, including the identification of training needs and contributing to developing learning and development solutions. Ensure high quality outcomes for the business to meet current and future business objectives and improve upon service delivery.
- Provide accessible and appropriate advice, guidance and support in dealing with HR matters raised directly by members of staff. Participate in on-going service reviews and discussions with senior management teams, plan the delivery of all HR support services to the relevant division or service area ensuring they provide high quality outcomes for the business to meet current and future business objectives and improve upon service delivery.
- Implement strategies to ensure HR provides clear business focused outcomes for the utilisation of staffing resources within the business area supported, aligned over the long term with deliver of the Councils overall workforce plan.
- Hold responsibility under the guidance of Strategic HR Business Partner for the delivery of HR service within the functional area supported, ensuring all organisational HR performance targets are monitored and met, and ensure remedial action is undertaken. The post holder will manage an on-going caseload of work, only seeking advice on more complex issues
- Supply a quality operational HR service within the service area supported, providing clear business focused outcomes for the business area supported.Plan, establish and maintain effective working arrangements with Trade Unions and other stakeholders and partners to ensure employee relations matters and collective discussions are undertaken in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure the on-going maintenance of HR data records (on all HR systems) for the business area supported (and other areas of the Council as directed) ensuring all HR records held are accurate, up to date and meet organisational objectives for workforce and HR record keeping. Utilise HR data to review and analyse HR data against performance targets.
- As part of a wider group of HR staff contribute in the further development of the provision of HR services to Council, including participation and attendance at project groups, workshops, seminars
- Actively promote the Councils equality objectives in terms of personal practice and within the context of all HR advice and guidance provided
Support the development of management capacity to be able to undertake active management and development of the work force. This role reports to the Manager, HR Business Partnering. This role has no direct reports, however on occasions may have responsibility for the direction of junior HR staff to deliver specific tasks or projects. Ideally you will be CIPD Level 7 or 5, working towards 7 with experience within the public sector dealing with complex ER casework.