Career and Development Mentors for CIPD members
With growing concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19), you may be wondering how this may affect this role. We want to reassure you that in these unusual times you will still be able to connect, lead and support other people professionals using remote access options and grow a community of driven people professionals online. Please visit our dedicated Coronavirus Hub for further advice for employers and people professionals.
- Are you interested in driving a positive change and making a difference for the people profession?
- Are you passionate about learning, networking and CPD opportunities for professionals in HR, L&D and OD?
- Are you a keen experienced professional looking to give back to the profession through coaching and mentoring initiatives?
- Are you a CIPD member or fellow looking to give back to the profession?
The CIPD is pleased to be recruiting volunteers across Greater London that will join our flagship member-to-member mentoring programme to support the growth and development of other CIPD members while improving their professional and leadership skills by volunteering to mentor other people professionals. This is a fantastic opportunity to give back to the profession, to network and engage with local HR, OD and L&D professionals and join our amazing mentoring programme dedicated exclusively to CIPD members.
The CIPD London region runs a programme of local events, projects and programmes for our local CIPD members, non-members and business leaders; covering hot topics across HR, OD and L&D, career support, continuous professional development, people management debates, expertise and discussion. Our member-to-member mentoring programme brings all of that together to enable our communities of professionals to grow, share knowledge and expertise.
As a mentor in our member-to-member programme you will:
- Develop your management, coaching, leadership and networking skills
- Be at the cutting edge of the profession and play an active role in shaping the CIPD agenda
- Raise your profile and broaden your professional network
- Embrace your continuous professional development - gain new skills and experiences
- Have fun and enjoy a new challenge!
- Demonstrate your passion for your profession
- Create a personal legacy by helping to inspire the future HR, L&D and OD generation.
You will be joining a community of almost 300 experienced professionals who are working across HR, OD and L&D investing their spare time, their skills, knowledge and capability to mentor and leverage coaching and goal setting tools and methodologies for over 600 other members looking for support in their personal growth, career development and progression.
Ideal candidates for this role will be:
- HR, OD and L&D professionals in active CIPD professional membership
- Experienced and confident communicators, collaborators, networkers and relationship builders
- Ideally well-connected in the local community, with a network of organisations and practitioners
- An ambassador for the CIPD and a role model for continuous professional development (CPD)
- Able to commit around eight hours per month for at least one year (this will include online or/and face-to-face learning interventions as well as mentoring meetings with between 1 and 5 mentees per cohort)
- Passionate and knowledgeable about personal and professional development.
With a passion for the people profession and a variety of skills and knowledge in HR, OD and L&D you will be holding any grade of CIPD membership and we’re welcoming everyone to apply, who's looking to give back to the profession and CIPD. This role can be as flexible as possible and allows for lots of autonomy and creativity in developing one-to-one mentoring interventions.
We are particularly interested in hearing from applicants living or working in London but we're open to digital mentoring as well. You'll need to be in current professional or academic membership with the CIPD. If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete a short registration form via the 'Apply' button. We will then be in touch with further information.
More searches like this
- Advertising / Creative / Marketing / Media Trainer Workforce CIPD Member jobs in London (Greater)
- Banking,Finance and Insurance Trainer Workforce CIPD Member jobs in London (Greater)
- Construction Trainer Workforce CIPD Member jobs in London (Greater)
- Consultancy Trainer Workforce CIPD Member jobs in London (Greater)
- Sales/Customer Service Trainer Workforce CIPD Member jobs in London (Greater)