HR Business Partner
Who we are
BPP is a global education provider delivering apprenticeships, professional qualifications, degree courses and professional development programmes.
At BPP, we work closely with employers and professional bodies to make our learning as real world, relevant and future facing as possible. We do it for the biggest names and we do it in specialist areas. That includes law, accountancy, financial services, nursing, technology and more. And it covers a range of qualifications to develop careers at every stage and every level of development.
Working at BPP, you are joining a community of committed, passionate and self-determined people. As a business, and in our individual teams, we support each other, encourage new ideas and aim for excellence in all that we do. An ethos of challenging convention runs through the business and we all work together towards our common goal of Building Careers Through Education.
What you’ll do
This is a key generalist HR role, partnering with your designated business units, utilising your excellent communication, coaching and influencing skills to drive employee engagement, embed company culture, manage talent and change.
Responsibilities will include;
- Understand your designated business units and proactively support the executive team across the organisation to achieve their vision and goals.
- Embed BPP’s values and expected behaviours.
- Coach and support our people managers in the adoption of best-in-class HR practices.
- Develop and deliver HR related training to improve the competencies of BPP’s people managers.
- Support the L&D team with identifying, designing and delivering training sessions as required.
- Lead on and/or support individual ER cases and issues across the various business units.
- Build and develop a professional HR relationship with senior managers, to achieve continuous improvement and identify trends for action.
- Support the legal team with Employment Tribunal preparation and submissions.
- Proactively support operational restructures and change programmes following company policy and HR best practice.
- Highlight and mitigate any potential risk.
- Coach managers in delivering rationale and conducting formal meetings.
- Ensure all key stakeholders (incl. payroll, HR operations and compensations and benefits) are engaged and updated on developments.
CIPD-qualified and with an HR qualification to degree or equivalent level, you will have extensive generalist HR experience and significant experience leading on complex disciplinary, performance and grievance cases. Your highly developed and practical Employment Law and ER knowledge alongside your ability to translate business needs into HR best practice enables you to apply your HR knowledge with a common-sense, pragmatic approach.
Adept at building effective relationships at senior level, you possess excellent stakeholder management skills and have a proven ability to collaborate effectively with teams and departments across an organisation.
With excellent change management and proven partnering skills to engage, enthuse and influence others, you will have the ability to coach and support managers through significant change.
Finally, with outstanding communication skills, your strong knowledge and understanding of the employee lifecycle and ability to coach and support other HR leads to develop aspects of the service will be key to this role.
The HRBP often spends time at our BPP locations (UK wide) attending senior team meetings, conferences, change management consultations and grievance/disciplinary cases. The successful candidate must be willing and able to continue to undertake this level of business travel, sometimes at short notice.
What we offer
We offer an attractive range of benefits focused around ensuring you have a fulfilling, exciting and rewarding career in a supporting environment.
BPP also invests heavily in your career development, which is why you’ll have free access to all of BPP's courses, enabling you to take your career in any direction you like.