HR Business Partner
We are looking to recruit an experienced and talented HR professional to join our HR & OD team at Manchester Met University. Working in collaboration with HR colleagues and in partnership with the Senior Management Team, you will be pivotal in shaping and aligning people plans to deliver strategic objectives and responsible for delivering added value solutions, within either a Faculty or Professional Services area of the University.
You will be a team player, proactive and hardworking and able to lead the delivery of HR solutions, supporting the achievement of business objectives, strategic opportunities, and high performance.
Typically, you will:
- Lead on wide ranging pieces of complex project work such as large change programmes and contribute to the development of strategic initiatives and products across the function.
- Coach and influence people managers, Pro-Vice Chancellors, Directors and others in relation to people management
- Take an active role in the development of people managers’ skills and confidence to manage their people effectively and improve business performance through policies, publications, procedure and legislation.
- Engage with senior leaders to shape effective workforce plans that contribute to the delivery of objectives.
- Regularly review HR service delivery to identify added stakeholder value through process improvements and efficiencies, embedding consistency into working practices.
- A proven track record of acting as change agent, working proactively in a collaborative and supportive way to make organisational change happen.
- Experience of sitting on high-level leadership groups and making an active contribution to the discussion and decision-making on a wide range of issues.
- Experience of handling a significant level of complex HR matters in order to be able to talk credibly with senior customers and colleagues.
- Strong customer focus and proven ability to build productive relationships at all levels of the organisation and externally
- CIPD Member/Qualified
About the department:
Helping our colleagues grasp their potential, realise their ambitions and exceed expectations is what drives our HR & OD team. We work collaboratively to create the ideal environment for our colleagues to be exceptional and to deliver the sort of experience our students both deserve and expect. Working as the trusted voice of HR across the University, the team is encouraged to deliver innovative approaches with lasting impact.
If you would like to join our people and share our ambition, we would love to hear from you.
We may decide to close this vacancy early depending on the amount of applications we receive.
Manchester Metropolitan University is committed to supporting the rights, responsibilities, dignity, health and wellbeing of staff and students through our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We promote applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of background, belief or identity, recognising the benefits that a diverse organisation can bring.
We particularly encourage applications from Black and Minority Ethnic candidates, who we recognise are underrepresented in this area.
We recognise the benefits and importance of an environment that supports flexible working and are open to conversations about this throughout the application process.
Closing date: 26 October 2020
To apply, please click on the apply button: