Head of People Services
Established in 1997, Martlets is a local charity that provides the very best care and support to terminally ill people in Brighton and Hove and the surrounding areas. Over the last 23 years, we’ve supported and cared for more than 25,000 people.
Most people receive care from us in their own homes. We offer specialist palliative care, end of life care, supportive care and bereavement services. This includes physiotherapy, counselling and social activities and we now offer remote holistic support. Some choose to spend their final days here, or to join us as inpatients for respite care or symptom management.
The heart of Martlets and our people strategy is to be an employer and charity of choice. We are looking for an exceptional HR professional to become our Head of People Services and help us to live out our values and promote a culture that creates a great place to work.
- Salary of £38,000 - £42,500 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory pension
- Investment in your training and professional development
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Ride to work scheme
- On-site parking
This is an amazing opportunity for a confident and passionate HR professional to support the delivery of our strategies.
You will have the chance to make a difference to our diversity, develop a culture of inclusion and champion the wellbeing of our people as we ask our staff to be agile, flexible and adopt new ways of working.
So, if you are inspired by the prospect of making a real impact and want to take ownership of an exciting, challenging and broad portfolio of work, we'd love you to join #teammartlets.
As the Head of People Services, you will lead our People Services function and foster a welcoming, inclusive culture where both staff and volunteers can thrive.
In this diverse role, you will lead the People Services Team and resources, including operating standards, governance, staff and volunteer personnel data, system management and all workforce terms and conditions and employment policies.
You will use your gravitas to help managers set clear expectations, find solutions to business problems and lead their people through change. We hope that this will include the delivery of an enhanced hospice building, which will make a real difference to the people we care for.
- Act as a business partner to members of the leadership team
- Develop an annual plan of work for the management of ongoing projects
- Present business cases for change
- Promote the development and delivery of our volunteering strategic plans
- Support the development and delivery of our EDI agenda
To join us as the Head of People Services, you will need:
- Significant experience of business partnering, influencing and negotiating on a range of people strategies with stakeholders at senior management level
- Experience of developing HR management tools and initiatives and aligning this to organisational priorities and objectives
- EDI and culture change experience
- Experience of managing a human resource management service, ideally including volunteers
- Previous experience with reward structures
- Experience of formulating and presenting policies
- Up-to-date knowledge of employment law and GDPR in an HR setting
- The ability to interrogate and interpret data and present meaningful management information
HR and/or volunteering experience gained within the hospice, healthcare and/or charity sector would be beneficial to your application.
Applications for 30+ hours will be considered. Interviews scheduled for 3rd November 2020. For an informal discussion about the role, please email Sharon Howes, Director of People Services at firstname.lastname@example.org