HR Business Partner
The HR Business Partner is role is in support of a designated service area within this NHS organisation , and as a senior HR professional, is expected to be largely self managing. It will be necessary for the HR Business Partner to understand the business strategy of the service area for which they are responsible and to contribute to the workforce strategy for that area, whilst ensuring its compatibility with Trust-wide workforce plans. Specifically the postholder will:
- develop robust human resources relationships with divisions/corporate areas to influence, challenge and support service delivery and people strategies and monitor success
- work alongside the Divisional Manager and their teams in identifying workforce issues and developing appropriate business focussed HR interventions, and developing the people capability to deliver their business plan
- support and challenge managers in the identification of training and development needs in respect of the people management agenda, and in the application of HR policies and practices, providing advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to minimise risk and financial exposure.
- seek out and use workforce intelligence, both internal and external, to identify people management requirements within the service area, establishing credibility as an expert in strategic HR within an operational service.
- coordinate a team comprising representatives from the different functional areas of HR, and where appropriate beyond HR, to analyse and interpret relevant workforce information and productivity measures
- develop, recommend and support the implementation of appropriate HR interventions to address the HR issues facing the service area
- work with the wider HR teams to ensure the services provided meet the needs of the service area they support, utilising the expertise of the specialist teams in HR to ensure workforce issues are addressed efficiently and effectively
Undertake specific projects to support delivery of the workforce and organisational development strategy, both within the service area and across the Trust as appropriate
- To make a full and proactive contribution to the business, service and corporate planning processes to the service areas for which they are responsible, ensuring that these take account of national HR initiatives and corporate HR policies and agenda.
- To inform the business planning process and support the transformation agenda within the service area by contributing to the workforce planning cycle, service improvement and role design.
- To act as the key link between the service area and the HR functions
- To work in partnership with Divisional Directors / Directors and managers in allocated divisions/service areas to establish the HR strategies and plans necessary to support:
the successful delivery of patient focused services,
the achievement of business targets, and
the implementation of service development strategy
- To support and challenge managers in the application of HR policies and practices, providing advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to minimise risk and financial exposure.
- NHS (ideally Band 8a or 8b level) or Private Health experience is required for the role .