Director of HR
Location: We are flexible about your working location, although we would expect you to be in our head office in Central London around two days a week when Covid restrictions are no longer in place.
About the role:
This is an important time to join Pilgrims’ Friend Society. Our population is ageing significantly, and we are one of the leading evangelical Christian charities responding to the opportunities and challenges that this brings. We have just embarked on an ambitious “Renewal Programme” to develop six new state of the art Christian care homes across the UK to help people have fulfilled lives when they can no longer live safely at home and, by partnering with local churches, to be good news to older people who are lonely in the community. The first new home is planned to open in summer 2021.
We are looking for a Director of HR to lead the charity through the challenges of building and recruiting the teams we need to deliver this Renewal Programme. You will also lead the development of HR best practice across the organisation so that we have the right people with the right skills to deliver excellent Christian care through the challenges of the pandemic and at a time when there are national shortages of care workers.
Our ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic HR leader who is experienced in: developing people; driving forward cross-organisational culture and change programmes; recruitment and retention strategies; and remuneration and reward.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience of working in a similar sized organisation (500 staff and £11m turnover) with a growth agenda.
- Experience of leading an HR team.
- Ability to engage others in setting a clear direction and in driving plans forward with energy and credibility.
- Project management skills to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Qualified to CIPD Level 7 or with further relevant experience.
- We have an occupational requirement that those in leadership positions, of which this post is one, are Christians able to fully subscribe to our Doctrinal basis under s9 of the Equality Act.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to play a vital role in driving forward our growth agenda.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Life Assurance of twice annual salary.
- Flexible work location so long as you can be in our London office around 2 days a week.
About Pilgrims’ Friend Society
At Pilgrims' Friend Society we help older people flourish as God intended and to lived fulfilled lives in older age. We believe that as well as providing secure, comfortable homes and professional care, older people should be supported and encouraged to spend the later part of their lives contributing to the world around them, growing and enjoying fulfilling lives.
Inspired by our Christian faith, we are committed to love and have compassion for our neighbours at every stage of life. We follow the examples of our Christian predecessors in cherishing the elderly, treating them as treasured human beings made in the image of God, and capable of continuing their spiritual growth even as their body or mind may fail them. Working with partner churches we have a vision that no-one living in the catchments around our homes will face death alone and without having had the opportunity of hearing the Christian gospel.
How to apply
For more details and how to apply for the role, please download our candidate application pack which is available from our recruitment consultant’s website at https://actionplanning.co.uk/jobs-board/director-hr-pfs
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 9th November.
We particularly encourage applications for this role from BAME applicants who are currently underrepresented at senior management level within the organisation. All applications will be considered on merit against the person specification.
Registered Charity Number: 242266
No agencies please.