ER Investigations Manager
MLC Partners are delighted to be partnering with Whittington Health NHS Trust to recruit a permanent band 7 Investigations Manager. This is a newly created role at management level which will head up the new Investigations team.
This role and team have been created to provide a specialised, high-quality, efficient employee relations service, supporting managers in carrying out investigations in line with the Trust policies and procedures. Additionally, the team will work to develop the ER investigation service into a proactive, forward thinking and customer focussed service in line with the workforce strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a new function and build a team, as well as engage with and influence senior managers across the organisation. The successful candidate will have the scope to proactively and autonomously develop the employee relations function across the Trust.
Main Responsibilities include:
- To be the Trust lead in providing advice and guidance to key stakeholders on a wide range of employment issues, including the management of disciplinary cases and grievances appeals.
- To develop a forward-thinking approach to employee relations across the trust, building strong and effective partnerships between managers, clinicians, staff and their representatives.
- To advise and support managers with investigations, including advising on suspensions and support with the development of the investigation report and the presentation of the findings at hearing.
- To develop policies where appropriate, and to ensure that the policy timetable is adhered to.
- To manage the HR Assistant and Investigation support Officer.
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant experience in employee relations, specifically managing investigations
- Ability to advise managers on complicated and/or sensitive ER issues
- Ability to prioritise and delegate workload within a team
If you are interested in this position and have a passion for working within the NHS, as well as significant experience leading on ER investigations, please submit your CV. Alternatively give me a call on 07722 124970 for an informal conversation, or email your CV to email@example.com