Employee Relations Manager
- Role: Employee Relations Manager
- Function: HR
- Location: Field Based, national travel required
- Employment Type: Permanent
We know the true value of excellent employee relations at Whitbread. It’s been the key to us achieving a decade of Top Employer accolades and positioned us as the nation’s favourite hospitality brand - all powered by our people.
With a legendary history of making brands and careers, we’re looking to the future and want a proven Employee Relations Manager prepared to be the custodian of our Great British business today and beyond.
Dedicated to our hotels and restaurants, you will be vital in providing ER support, guidance and expertise to the Operational Teams, as well as your HR Colleagues including HR Business Partners.
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with employees worldwide. Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater, Brewers Fayre and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. We have exciting plans to deliver our strategy that innovates and grows our core UK and international business, always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with Heads of HR, HR Managers and Senior Operational Management to provide counsel and ER guidance that supports the Company in establishing and maintaining programmes that promote employment practices that balance best practice and commercial need, in a common-sense way.
- Ensure HR Business Partners receive employee relations support and guidance, proactively looking for opportunities to improve ER application and capability across total operations and Hr shared service.
- Develop and deliver training to meet the needs of the audience i.e. delivery of ER workshops, design and support delivery of developmental sessions at Regional meetings to communicate changes to Policy, case law changes, legislation updates, process improvements to ensure improved awareness within all relevant areas of the business.
- Assess ER tools and provide insight and support to the Senior HR Managers to influence the development of fit for purpose training interventions/ tools to promote greater understanding and capability in ER and people management.
- Provision of responsive ER support nationally across PI&R as and when appropriate.
- Provide specialist advice and contribute to business projects that support strategic initiatives including re-structures, redundancies and TUPE.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- You will have previous Employee Relations experience and enjoy coaching and supporting your stakeholders through a variety of different scenarios, specifically delivering large scale change at pace.
- Your in depth and proven understanding and application of UK Employment law and ER within in a fast paced, commercial environment will help you deliver our business requirements within an ever changing landscape.
- With highly effective communication and influencing skills you will be able to frame communication in a way that executives will respond to and cascade across their teams.
- We are working in unprecedented times and your excellent interpersonal skills along with your ability to build strong relationships with internal customers, specifically line managers, will help us navigate our business through these challenges and set us up for future success.
What we can offer you:
- · A market competitive base salary
- · A genuine flexible working policy
- · Up to 30% Bonus
- · Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- · Up to 25% discount off our brands
- · 25 days annual leave + bank holiday
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.