Director for People and Operations
Make your contribution to environmental solutions.
The UK Centre for Ecology & Hydrology is an independent, not-for-profit research institute carrying out excellent environmental science with impact. Our 500 scientists work to understand the environment, how it sustains life, and the human impact on it. We provide the data and insights that governments, businesses and researchers need to create a productive, resilient and healthy environment. Scientific curiosity, integrity and transparency are at the heart of how we work.
As a member of the Executive, your role will be to work closely with the senior teams to develop and deliver our People strategy in support of our shared aims and values; leading and advising on strategic development, organisational change, employer and corporate responsibilities, H&S and environmental management.
UKCEH is committed to recruiting the best, enhancing staff capabilities and training environmental scientists, striving for excellence in a broad range of disciplines. Our values (below) encapsulate our aim to ensure an ethos of inclusion and continuous improvement enables all to reach their potential in support of the UKCEH ambition:
- Excellence- delivering world-class science supporting global environmental challenges; valued by stakeholders and meeting customer requirements.
- Integrity - maintaining the highest standards of research and professional ethics and impartiality.
- Team Work - working together effectively with colleagues, partners and customers to achieve long-term success.
FCIPD qualified (or equivalent), and with a track record of success in a comparable role and setting, you’ll understand the unique nature of our organisation, its mission and its workforce. A highly engaging communicator, you’ll be able to take a deft, credible approach to people issues at all levels. Diversity of perspectives, background and insight are invaluable in our work, and we would particularly like to hear from candidates whose professional and personal profiles will bring us new understanding and capacity.
Humans depend on nature – and are changing nature. If you want to be part of our work in understanding, mitigating and adapting to a changing environmental future, visit www.ukceh-people.co.uk to find out more. For a confidential, informal conversation, please contact Shani Newbold at Cadence Partners on +44 20 7947 4960 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 15 November 2020. Initial interviews: w/c 23 November 2020. Assessments: w/c 7 December 2020. Final interview: 18 December 2020.
More searches like this
- Education Director / Head / VP Workforce CIPD Member jobs in Oxfordshire
- Charities, Not For Profit Director / Head / VP Workforce CIPD Member jobs in Oxfordshire
- Public Sector Director / Head / VP Workforce CIPD Member jobs in Oxfordshire
- Scientific & Pharmaceutical Director / Head / VP Workforce CIPD Member jobs in Oxfordshire
- Private Sector Director / Head / VP Workforce CIPD Member jobs in Oxfordshire