HR & Compliance Officer
Required for December 2020
St Christopher’s wishes to appoint a full time experienced HR and Compliance Officer to start in December 2020.
The successful candidate will be able to work collaboratively and independently ensuring the school acts in line with guidelines for safer recruitment and other legal and regulatory frameworks.
The post-holder will report to the Bursar and will be comfortable collaborating with the whole school community, including staff and school governors. Exceptional organisation and discretion will be key to this role.
St Christopher’s offers
- Friendly staff team
- Excellent location in Hampstead
- Competitive salary package
- Free school lunches during term-time
- Pension scheme
Key attributes for the applicant
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively
- The ability to interpret legislation and other procedures and be able to explain the requirements in simple terms to non-specialists
- First class organisation, excellent administrative and ICT skills including Word, Office 365
- The ability to think ahead, remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines with the appropriate level of prioritisation
- A working understanding of safeguarding in schools and up to date knowledge of ISI and government safeguarding regulations
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence to communicate effectively with colleagues, both teaching and non-teaching
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and to use discretion at all times
- Relevant qualifications and experience in a similar role
- Training in Safer Recruitment practice
For full details, please press email HR@stchristophers.london
All applications to be received by Tuesday 10 November 2020 by 8am
Week commencing 16 November 2020. Interviews will be conducted on site.
The School is committed to safeguarding children within its welfare.
The appointment is subject to at least two satisfactory references, receipt of Enhanced DBS [Disclosure and Barring Service] disclosure, verification of identity and qualifications, satisfactory medical fitness and evidence of the right to work in the UK. Additional overseas checks will be required for candidates who have lived or worked outside the UK.
St Christopher’s School adheres to the General Data Protection Regulation (2018). We will obtain information about you including any criminal convictions you may have. All information will be kept confidential and it will only be used to process your application. If your application is unsuccessful, all your information will be deleted from our systems and disposed of in a secure manner.
The School is an equal opportunities employer.