Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and great character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resource Generalist with a European remit, based in our office in London. As we are continuing to grow, we are seeking a passionate and customer focused Human Resource professional to join our dynamic business facing HR team.
As part of the European HR team and also the broader Global HR team, this role will be responsible for multiple HR generalist activities including coordinating benefits and payroll and in addition taking the strategic lead on recruitment. The generalist will be point of contact for teammate questions and issues as well as our team’s liaison with our benefit providers, and payroll team. This role will also manage the new hire orientation and onboarding. This is an exciting opportunity to be able to use your skills & experience and to shape your role as we are building out our business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As the HR Generalist in our London office you will be the first point of call for our teammates for all manner of HR queries.
- Work on strategic regional and global HR projects. We are a young company with lots of opportunity for you to make your mark.
- Manage all aspects of our Benefits program for our European Teammates, having the expert knowledge of our benefits and acts as the liaison to our Benefit Providers.
- Partner with the hiring manger on the overall recruitment process, including thinking through the role and recruitment process, including drafting adverts, posting job adverts on job boards & social media sites, as well as interviewing for our future teammates to help the hiring manager with recruitment biases.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with schools, universities, and other insurance communities and work with our managers to identify appropriate sourcing opportunities for each hire to ensure we get the best candidate for each role and additionally increase the diversity in our candidate pool.
- Coordinate the onboarding and orientation experience for our new teammates including managing payroll and benefits for all our European offices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of hands-on generalist Human Resources experience, with a recruitment bias.
- Highly self-motivated with customer-service and results orientation.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, preferably with another European language.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Confidence, professionalism, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Highly attentive to details.
- Exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organisation that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasises individual excellence in a team framework