Employee Relations Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
6 months South London / Kent £29 per hour or fixed term 37-43k 4 days a week on site is required.
Employee Relations Manager required To provide a fully comprehensive and high quality HR support and advisory service to this Trust in Kent .
- To ensure the comprehensive management of employee relations matters, for both medical and non-medical staff, providing a professional service that meets all legislative and policy requirements.
- To ensure all record systems and paperwork relating to cases are up to date and accurate at all times.
- To ensure that policies relating to employee relations are accurate and are updated in conjunction with staff side partners.
- To develop and present programmes of training on employee relations matters to Trust managers.
- To provide line management to the senior HR Advisor.
- To ensure that employee relations policies are maintained and developed in line with current legislation.
- To provide advice and guidance on highly complex and highly sensitive employee relations issues to managers throughout the organisation.
- To be an expert source of advice in respect of the application of employment law and good employment practice, advising managers on the most appropriate course of action.
- To advise and support managers to undertake investigations, including decisions on suspensions and advising on the approval process to suspend as appropriate. To support the manager in the development of the investigation report. To coach the manager through this process.
- To attend formal employee relations meetings as appropriate and advise managers on documentation, ensuring consistency, accuracy and best practice.
- To be a panel member and HR support at formal employee relations hearings.
- To lead the development and delivery of formal and informal ER training to line managers.
- To liaise with Trust appointed solicitors to assist in the preparation of cases for Employment Tribunal.
- To liaise with the occupational health department and lead on the monthly long term sickness absence case conference developing action plans when appropriate.
- To produce and monitor monthly employment relations data key performance indicators. To interpret this information, identify any problem areas and, with the support of the Senior HR Advisor, work with Trust managers and HR Business Partners to address them.
- To provide monthly feedback reports on employee relations activity to the HR senior team.
- To develop and lead a professional human resources service to managers, ensuring they are supported and provided with advice on current employment legislation and good practice.
- To provide professional advice and support as a full panel member in employment related hearing and appeals, providing guidance to managers to determine appropriate action.
- To work to strict deadlines and prioritise many conflicting demands on workload.
- To be responsible for and manage the Trust’s computerised employee relations database.
- To keep up to date with current employment law legislation and best practice and develop policy and procedure changes, in consultation with staff side and HR colleagues, when necessary to reflect this.
- To develop and deliver training to Trust managers on employee relations matters in order to develop the capability of line managers to deal with employment issues fairly and consistently across the organisation.
- To be a trained Agenda for Change job evaluator and participate in job evaluation and matching panels.
- To provide advice and guidance to Trust managers with the development of job descriptions and person specifications in line with the Agenda for Change job evaluation and methodology.
- To foster a positive climate of employee relations within the Trust, to support the implementation of a partnership approach and to develop and maintain good working relationships with representatives of accredited trade unions.
- Education and development responsibilities:
- To keep up to date with current employment law legislation and best practice.
- To work with senior HR colleagues on the identification of people management training needs across the Trust and, with the support of senior HR colleagues, develop appropriate training.
- To provide development opportunities to the Senior HR Advisor to ensure the Trust sustains the delivery a professional Human Resources advisory service.
- Ensure the Senior HR Advisor is up to date with Core Skill training and has an annual personal development review.
Apply for Employee Relations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly