As part of a two year investment program, Prima Dental Group, Gloucester, is searching for an experienced HR Partner to make an impact in critical areas such as enhancing leadership drive, performance management and engagement.
Working closely with the People Strategy Consultant, the HR Partner is a senior member of the People Team, with a remit to be an enabling agent of change and business performance.
Working across all aspects of the function's remit, the HR business partner is responsible for all HR policies and initiatives' implementation and success.
HR business partner responsibilities
As an HR business partner, you will be responsible for the following:
- Head up the operational function within the HR department
- Building trusted relationships with stakeholders and leaders in the business
- Providing day-to-day leadership to drive the delivery of the business' HR plans (with input into the overall People Strategy)
- Using experience, skills, and knowledge of the HR industry to make an impact in critical areas such as performance management, change management, organisational design, employee engagement, and talent analytics
- Provide proactive support for the delivery of HR processes
- Assisting in building robust talent pipelines and managing recruitment in a cost-effective way
- Supporting line managers across the business on organisational structure and design
- Develop the HR team to increase competencies as HR Business Partners
- Provide support and guidance for Line Managers and staff on HR issues, including employment legislation
HR business partner skills and competencies
Ideally, you will hold a university degree with a professional qualification from an accredited chartered institute such as the CIPD.
The successful applicant will have experience in a leadership position, either as an HR business partner in another manufacturer or as an HR Manager in a smilar environment.
You will also be required to have the following:
- Communication skills – delivering business strategies will require you to talk to stakeholders from around the business. As such, you will need to be able to present effectively across the company.
- General skills – an HR business partner will need to be a confirmed generalist, with a good understanding of the many different responsibilities of the function (e.g., Compliance and legislation, learning & development, reward, compensation & benefits)
- Leadership – you will be working with line managers to deliver the function's strategy. As such, you must lead in the day to day operations of the business, improving performance and leadership capabilities daily.
- Coaching skills – you will be a mentor and influencer. As a credible HR expert, you must be comfortable offering advice to your peers and junior employees.
- Strategic thinker – working closely with the HR director to deliver and implement new programs and initiatives, the experience of strategic thinking is an absolute must.
- Industry knowledge – building a coherent and successful HR strategy will require extensive knowledge of the trends and changes in policy affecting people at work.
Salary up to £60,000
Management Bonus of 15%
25 days holiday
Health Care and Dental Care
Death in Service
Prima Discount Portal
Employee Assist Programme