Non-Executive Directors at Woodcote High School
Woodcote High School, a single academy trust based in Croydon seeks three experienced non-executives/directors to further strengthen governance of the trust, one of whom will become a committee chair. Board meetings will be held at either Woodcote High School or virtually.
Woodcote High School is a single academy trust overseeing one oversubscribed secondary school with a good educational track record in the Coulsdon area of Croydon. It is currently a Good (Ofsted 2018) school on a journey to build on its strong academic history and is determined to become an Outstanding school. The trust currently provides an education for 1,260 students and 155 members of staff and has a budget of £7.3m.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
The board seeks three business leaders with board level experience in:
- CEO/ executive leadership experience of change/restructure/turnaround
- Corporate/charity Governance & compliance
- Secondary education leadership
- Committee chair
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Financial Oversight and Governance
- Manage change and enable compliance with the trust’s statutory and contractual duties.
- Remain on the path to Outstanding by the next Ofsted inspection.
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available on the Academy Ambassadors Board Opportunities website.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.