Non-executive director at Agora Learning Partnership (ALP)
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Hertfordshire? The Agora Learning Partnership seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Agora Learning Partnership is an inclusive, collaborative and forward looking trust where everyone works together, learns together and succeeds together in order to give all of the children in the academies the best possible education and learning opportunities.
The trust currently consists of nine primary schools in Hertfordshire – five in the Watford area, two in Letchworth Garden City, one in Welwyn Garden City and one in Borehamwood. Six primary schools were the first wave of schools to join the trust in September 2017 and a further three primary schools joined in January 2018.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
- human resources or
- marketing/media/PR or
- property and estate management or
- Education leadership, including secondary and SEN
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Continue to develop the trust’s financial stability.
- Raise attainment and improve the progress made by the overall MAT and each school.
- Develop further the central function, bringing services into this aspect as capacity allows and efficiency dictates.
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available here: https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/agora-learning-partnership-alp
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.