Non-executive director/ Trustee at Transform Learning Trust
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in West Berkshire? Transform Learning Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Transform Learning Trust is a multi-academy trust in Newbury, Berkshire. Currently, our school Park House School, converted into an academy and joined the trust in September 2018. It was formerly a specialist sports college. The school was recently judged as Good by OFSTED, maintaining its status since joining the trust. The school caters for 11-18 year olds, with approx. 1,200 students on its roll (238 students enrolled in the sixth form). The school offers pupil premium funding in order to support its disadvantaged students and enable their full potential. As of 2019, 128 students are eligible for pupil premium.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
- human resources or
- legal/compliance or
- finance or
- health and safety
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- To build a sustainable and capable organisation in preparation for growth
- To establish a firm financial platform
- Growth (to add at last one additional school over the next 18-24 months).
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available on the Academy Ambassadors Board Opportunites page.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.