L&D Specialist – Digital
Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is the independent regulator for work-related health and safety. We act in the public interest to reduce work-related illness, death and serious injury across Great Britain’s workplaces. It is an exciting time to join us. HSE, in conjunction with MHCLG, is establishing and will operate a new Building Safety Regulator responsible for implementing and enforcing a more stringent regulatory regime for high-rise buildings and increasing the competence of those working on building safety following the Grenfell tragedy
About the Job
As our L&D Specialist – Digital, you will be instrumental in helping to shape the digital learning strategy for us to support the delivery of divisional business plan objectives - engaging with Project Leads, HSE senior leaders and colleagues to continue to scope the full learning requirement to support the BSR function.
- Design and develop digital learning solutions – scoping how digital learning can support the BSR delivery approach. Support the embedding of the new BSR L&D team within HR, working collaboratively to build rapport and map key stakeholders (of influence).
- Deliver/facilitate BSR training sessions (both face-to-face and virtually) – ensuring a leaner led and engaging approach in both delivery mediums.
- Develop and implement methods of evaluating – evidencing value-add and the impact of learning &development solutions.
- Project manage external L&D digital projects with internal and external suppliers – to support the full breath of BSR development delivery.
- Provide strategic direction and co-manage the Learning Management System (LMS), to improve and increase the learning platform’s reach for BSR and wider HSE.
- Ensure that the development of L&D policy meets business needs and that inclusion, wellbeing and engagement issues are fully recognised.
- Work collaboratively across HR L&D, HSE and the wider Civil Service supporting the Reform agenda and promoting a unified Civil Service HR/L&D Profession. Work at part of the HSE LMS/Digital learning team – ensuring support for both BSR and current digital learning.
- Due to Covid regulations we are currently working from home, however, in the future occasional travel to other HSE sites may be required.
This is an exciting and stretching opportunity. For this role, we are seeking an inspirational L&D professional. In order to be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following experience:
A highly successful training/learning & development track record both at a strategic and delivery level.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Proven business wide strategic awareness.
- Ability to diagnose capability gaps, perform Training Needs Analysis (TNA) - identifying innovative and creative learning interventions(inclusive of blended/digital learning).
- Proven track record of providing both traditional learning and solutions and digital learning solutions. As an enabler, proven experience of guiding senior stakeholders to achieve the right learning solutions.
- Excellent facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills and demonstrable experience of deploying those with senior stakeholders
- Ability to partner effectively and mobilise other stakeholders to deliver work influence stakeholders (internal/external) to deliver work/results
- Clear, accurate written and verbal communication skills
- Effective project management of L&D and digital learning projects.
Closing date: Sunday 29th November 2020.