Senior People Business Partner
Role: Senior People Business Partner
Salary: Band 8b (£57,990 - £66,823 per annum) inclusive of outer London allowance
Mental health and the support the NHS provide has never been so important. Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust is a multiple award-winning, combined mental health and community Trust providing local, regional, and national healthcare services; delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million people in North London.
Their goal is to support ‘healthy lives and healthy communities through the provision of excellent integrated mental and community healthcare’ and create an organisation which is an outstanding place to work, learn and achieve.
Having recently implemented a new People Services model and with a clear vision for transformation and cultural change, this is a unique opportunity to join the People Services directorate at the beginning of their journey. Playing a pivotal role in shaping and leading the people service agenda and the successful delivery of the People Strategy you will have the autonomy and opportunity to thrive.
Adept, ambitious and innovative, the Trust are looking for three experienced Senior People Business Partners who can ably move between being part of the Senior People Services Team and the Divisional Management team, and be embedded into the operational business. The new model provides for a purposely designed specialist hub responsible for dealing with operational HR matters to ensure that this role is able to focus on leading and effecting change within the Trust to become an outstanding place to work, learn and achieve.
Our values, our celebration of diversity, and the quality of our care are what drives all that we do.
Professional credibility and influence, combined with an understanding of the benefits of the early engagement of people and OD interventions to support improvement are key to this role. We would love for you to join us.
- Build strong and credible relationships within the Divisional/service Leadership Team that allow insight, strategy and solutions that support progression of the people agenda, to flourish
- Design and deliver local people plans and best people practices that align with the Trust’s People Plan
- Drive the development and implementation of Trust-wide policies, initiatives and schemes, as agreed with the Associate Director of People Services
- Lead the planning of organisational change programmes and joint ventures with new partners relating to service reconfiguration programmes and delivery of strategic and operational objectives
- Work closely with management teams to design and implement new management and team structures to facilitate new models of care and ways of working
- Develop recruitment strategies and business cases to support recruitment of talent and work collaboratively with the People Services Hub Manager in the commissioning of planned recruitment campaigns, activities and initiatives
- Promote and facilitate positive employee engagement and ensure appropriate staff engagement plans are in place to address and tackle cultural barriers
- Advise on complex, sensitive, or high profile/risk cases, providing an options appraisal and risk assessment of possible courses of action, and in securing best outcomes
- Proven NHS / public sector experience
- Substantial experience of operational and strategic HR achievement at a senior level,
- Ability to build and develop strong relationships at all levels across the Trust
- Experience of coaching managers
- CIPD qualified or equivalent work experience
- Experience of working in a busy, complex environment