Employee Relations & Change Manager
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Employee Relations & Change Manager to join our team in Oldham, Greater Manchester on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract. Reporting into the Head of HR, you will be responsible for leading and developing the ER and Change Team (made up for 3 Senior HR Advisors, 3 HR Advisors and an HR Co-coordinator) to ensure that high quality and consistent HR advice and support is provided to the business.
What we’re looking for
We’re a customer-focussed organisation so we know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. You’ll not only be an experienced HR professional, but you’ll also have strong people management skills. You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Significant Employee Relations and Change Management experience, including handling high volumes and complex HR issues.
- Experience handling mergers, acquisitions and TUPE transfers both in and out.
- Sound employment law knowledge and experience, with a proven ability to provide practical advice, managing risk appropriately.
- Experience of co-ordinating large scale consultations.
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating teams.
- Knowledge of organisational design tools and frameworks.
Essential Qualifications required:
MCIPD or CIPD qualified to level 7
What’s on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive salary of £52,390 per annum.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Choice of Defined Benefit or Defined Contribution Pension.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits.
- Eye test vouchers
- Professional qualification support.
- Professional subscriptions.
- Purchase additional leave.
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from ‘gross’ salary, before tax and NI deducted.
- A wealth of Learning & Development opportunities.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.