Head of HR Shared Services
It’s rare to find a hero role in a large FTSE100 business that combines strategic business partnering of some of our main board members with depth of specialism in Shared Services and HRIS, and there truly has been no better time to be close to the action at Whitbread as we emerge from the pandemic in the strongest market position, fit for the future. As Head of HR for Shared Services and Central Functions, you will report into our Group HR Director to ensure our key focuses of business transformation, diversity & inclusion, talent management and succession are front and foremost in our Support Centre. Alongside that, you will ensure we deliver our fundamental promises to our 32,000 team members the length and breadth of the UK by running a seamless Employee Relations, HR Shared Service and payroll function.
As a leading British business of more than 275 years standing, we have experienced turbulent times before and adapted and evolved to remain one of the hospitality sector’s most successful companies. Built on such robust foundations, our expertise has meant we responded decisively throughout this year with our teams, guests and the continuity of our business at the heart of every decision we made. We acted quickly, to ensure we were prepared for the future, whatever it may
What continues to set us apart are our excellent products and people. We have much loved brands such as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Bar + Block alongside exciting up and coming propositions such as Cookhouse & Pub. And in Premier Inn, we have the UK’s favourite budget hotel chain, currently outperforming the market and ambitious for more as we execute our plans in both the UK and Germany. At Whitbread, we remain true to our values and put our people at the centre of everything we do.
What you will bring to the role:
- A strong generalist HR background, including experience business partnering at executive level within a FTSE250 business.
- Experience in leading HR Shared Services and Employee Relations teams, including knowledge of large payroll processes.
- The ability to act as provocateur, confidently challenging senior managers and the ability to question and challenge the status quo.
- Strong relationship management with ability to communicate and influence across a matrix organisation.
- Understands and able to influence HR strategy development, ability to question and challenge the status quo.
You will demonstrate your expertise by:
- Influencing the development of HR strategy as an active member of our HR Leadership team, and through partnering our Executive team to proactively improve our people & talent practices in line with business strategy.
- Leadership of the employee relations helpdesk, HR Shared Services function and payroll, ensuring the delivery of services to time, cost and quality.
- Leading the development of an HR IS roadmap across payroll and our core HR system.
- Leadership of an expert team of HR Business Partners, Policy development, Employee Relations specialists and HR Shared Services.