Non-Executive Directors at Odyssey Trust for Education
Are you a legal, human resources or marketing professional looking to make a difference to the education sector by joining an academy trust board? Odyssey Trust for Education in Bexley seeks three non-executives/directors to join its board.
Board meetings are currently held virtually but will be held at Townley Grammar School, DA6 7AB when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Odyssey Trust for Education is a unique multi-academy trust comprised of two secondary schools, one rated Outstanding and the other Requires Improvement with plans to grow sensibly within the next few years. The trust aims to continue to promote partnership between the two schools with inclusion as the central focus of the trust. The trust seeks three non-executive directors/trustees with expertise in either Human Resources, Marketing or Legal. The trust has the highest Black African British population in the country and is proud of their continued efforts to decolonise the curriculum and create greater access for girls within the community.
The board seeks three business leaders with board level experience in
* human resources or
* legal/compliance or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
* Securing the financial stability of the trust by implementing a financial recovery programme for King Henry School.
* Ensuring a collective work culture with the continuation of development and support of staff.
* School improvement - raiding King Henry's Ofsted rating from Requires Improvement to Good.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
* Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
* Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
* Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.