Non-Executive Director at Parallel Learning Trust
Are you interested in making a difference to the education sector by joining an academy trust board? Parallel Learning Trust in Bromley seeks two non-executive directors experienced in academy trust governance, one of whom will be a chair successor, to join its board, plus one Member. Board meetings are held in Bromley, BR1 3LB when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Parallel Learning Trust is a growing multi-academy Trust established in 2014, with expertise in primary, special and alternative provision across diverse areas of Essex County, London and Kent. This is an exciting time for the trust as there are two major building projects planned for delivery over the next 18 months and further growth plans with two live applications for new Special Free Schools currently with the DfE for consideration.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
* Chair experience (ideally with MAT governance)
* CEO/GM with strong negotiation skills
* Corporate governance/Charity Governance
* Growth/Change management
To be the chair successor, the successful applicant will have a track record of successful Chair/CEO experience. They will have strong inter-personal skills and negotiation skills, with an adaptive approach to all stakeholders and strategic mind-set.
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
* Governance: strengthening the quality and effectiveness of governance, strategic leadership and financial oversight of the trust.
* Improving educational standards and pupil outcomes: ensuring consistency across the trust.
* Financial management and compliance: ensuring the trust takes action to achieve a balanced budget and long term financial sustainability.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
* Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
* Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
* Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available on the Academy Ambassadors Board Opportunites page.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.