Head of Human Resources
London Projects are a construction company specialising in super-prime, London residential refurbishment. Founded in 2005, we have over 70 staff based in our head office in Westminster and we now have a portfolio of well over 300 properties in premier locations such as Belgravia, Knightsbridge and Mayfair – our projects defined by meticulous detail, exemplary craftsmanship and an impeccable finish.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Head of Human Resources to join the team. This is a new role within the business, historically it has been outsourced, so we are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to help manage the growth within the business. This will be a standalone role.
This person will be responsible for the management of the Human Resources function, providing strategic leadership and supporting and guiding the Directors.
You will manage the development and delivery of a range of Human Resources services, present pragmatic solutions and advise on organisational-wide issues. You will play a key role in embedding best practice in people management and shaping the culture of the organisation.
Key responsibilities will range from day-to-day employee relations to all stages of Human Resources Project work from inception to delivery.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Directors on complex Employee Relations matters, workforce planning and organisational design.
- Provide the necessary support to ensure the issues are managed in line with company policy, best practice and current legislation.
- Lead employee relations cases and arrange and attend formal meetings, where required.
- Regularly review systems, process to ensure they are fit for purpose, amend/update where required. Routinely review policies to ensure they are in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Manage, maintain and advise employees on the company’s HR policies, processes and procedures, as required, ensuring that advice is accurate, consistent and timely.
- Work with the Directors to identify any people related needs
- Assist with delivery and management of an effective induction and onboarding program for all new starters
- Driving engagement within current employees and implementing programmes to manage performance and career development
- Administering compensation and benefits for employees
- Identify learning and development needs across the business
- Embedding the performance management process within the business
- CIPD Qualified (preferred) or equivalent
- Significant experience of UK Employment Law and Employee Relations case work with a background in providing professional advice to Directors on strategic issues.
- A strong understanding of culture, learning and development
- Experience of managing complex employee relations issues effectively and with confidence
- A proven track record of leading change management projects
- Able to diagnose company challenges and identify opportunities
- Excellent communication skills