Non-Executive Directors at Astrum Multi Academy Trust
Astrum Multi Academy Trust in the London Borough of Redbridge seeks three non-executives/directors with experience in one or more of the following: Human Resources, Employee Relations, School Improvement, Health and Safety or Estate Management to join its board. Board meetings are held over video, but will be held at Chadwell Heath when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Astrum Multi Academy Trust is an established small and growing three-times-outstanding special school trust based in the Chadwell Heath/Goodmayes/Newbury Park Area and currently consists of Newbridge School (Lower and Upper Schools). It is in the final phase of preparing a brand-new special school which will be named Hatchside School with a planned opening date of April 2021 and will cater for children from 3-7 years of age. The schools are for pupils with a wide range of severe and complex Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) from across Redbridge and surrounding boroughs and are all a short drive from each other. The Trust's vision is to develop a partnership of outstanding special schools with the skills, expertise and resources working collaboratively to ensure the best outcomes for every pupil.
The board seeks 3 business leaders with board level experience in
* human resources or
* employee relations or
* school improvement or
* health and safety or
* estate management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
* Opening the brand new Hatchside School (scheduled for April 2021) and ensuring a smooth start and strategic development for the future.
* Managing the current COVID situation with all the additional needs around the highly vulnerable cohort.
* Strategically manage the trust's growth plan in order to meet the needs of pupils with SEND across the London Borough of Redbridge and local boroughs and to consider applications to join the trust from other specialist provisions and also other mainstream schools where suitable.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
* Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
* Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
* Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available on the Academy Ambassadors Board Opportunites page.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.