Non-Executive Directors at The Oak Partnership
The Oak Partnership Trust seeks four non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held at TA2 7EG when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Oak Partnership Trust is an outward facing organisation which values collaborative working to improve the life chances for most disadvantaged in its local community. The trust aims to grow from 4 to 10 schools in the next five years and seeks four new Trustees/ Non-Executive Directors with expertise in finance, IT/data compliance, marketing/PR and change/growth management to strengthen its board.
The board seeks four business leaders with board level experience in
* Finance at CFO level or
* IT/DPO/Compliance or
* Marketing/PR/Comms or
* Growth/change management or
* Corporate governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
* School improvement - cross school improvement strategy ensuring high standards achieved
* Finance -meeting the financial challenges that covid-19 has brought
* Growth - establishing a sustainable growth strategy
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
* Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
* Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
* Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available on the Academy Ambassadors Board Opportunies page.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.