Non-Executive Directors at Crofty Multi Academy Trust (CMAT)
Are you a Human Resources, Branding/Marketing, Finance/Audit professional looking to make a difference to the education sector by joining an academy trust board? Crofty Multi Academy Trust (CMAT) in West Cornwall seeks four non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held at TR14 0HX when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Crofty Multi Academy Trust oversees nine primary schools in West Cornwall providing primary education for 2,626 children, employing 460 members of staff, with a budget of £14 million. Of the nine schools, seven have been inspected by Ofsted under the new framework as part of CMAT, two schools rated as Requires Improvement, five rated Ofsted Good and two schools yet to be inspected. The trust is a group of schools working as one, connected by a shared purpose to enrich the lives of children and their families across Cornwall and looks to bring in more local schools to continue the successful collaboration.
The board seeks four business leaders with board level experience in one of the following:
* HR/Succession Planning/Talent Management
* CFO/Finance/Audit/Risk/Qualified Accountant
* Education Leadership (Primary or Secondary)
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
* Ensure robust governance of the trust to support growth plans and financial sustainability of the trust especially following the impact of Covid-19
* Develop a people strategy including talent management across the trust
* Develop the values and vision of the trust to build on the communication and involvement with stakeholders and the communities
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
* Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
* Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
* Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available on the Academy Ambassadors Board Opportunites page.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.