Non-Executive Directors at The Pathway Academy Trust (TPAT)
2 days left
- Full Time
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Kent? The Pathway Academy Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held at DA13 0RF when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Pathway Academy Trust's aim is to continue to provide children a nurturing environment in which they can thrive and reach their full potential. The Trust's schools are located in the socially mixed Gravesham area of Kent and the Trust board oversees a combined annual income of £8m, 285 staff and 1871 pupils. The Trust's schools have a wide and varied cohort mix, including one with very high social mobility, English as an Additional Language (EAL) and Pupil Premium funding and one with a very high percentage of SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities).
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
* Human Resources
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
* Coronavirus response - there is a need to ensure that routines, expectations, standards, relationships and values are quickly re-established upon the return of children to the schools.
* Growth - the Trust board aspires to be the best primary educator in Kent and to grow in line with its ethos and values by adding two more schools over the next two years.
* Resources - the Trust's financial management and sustainability are kept under close review.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
* Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
* Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
* Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available on the Academy Ambassadors Board Opportunities page.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Apply for Non-Executive Directors at The Pathway Academy Trust (TPAT)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly