Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Attenborough Learning Trust
4 days left
- Part Time / Job share
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Leicester? Attenborough Learning Trust seeks two non-executives/directors to join its board. Board meetings are held at LE2 0UU when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Attenborough Learning Trust (ALT) opened with four infant and primary schools, all of which are rated 'good' or 'outstanding' by Ofsted. They all have a nursery provision, and all serve ethnically diverse communities in the LE2 and LE5 areas of Leicester. Recently the trust has been approved as a sponsor and is making plans to grow.
Currently, the trust serves around 1650 children and employs around 250 staff. It manages an overall budget of around £8m which is expected to grow significantly as more schools join. The amount of these pupils identified as Free School Meals (FSM) - an indicator of deprivation - is 14%, the amount of pupils identified as Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) is also 14%, whilst the amount of students with English as an Additional Language (EAL) is 91%.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- Communications/Branding & Marketing
- Corporate Governance
- Real estate/Property
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Growth - The trust seeks new schools to join the trust at a rate that ensures they know the schools well and the unique communities they serve, the aim being to attract schools in the Leicester area that identify with the trust's core values
- Financial Management - to ensure that the trust's budgets match the needs of its pupils and allow the trust to deliver outstanding outcomes for all children whilst securing budgets that are balanced and sustainable and guarantee the long term viability of the trust.
- Leadership - The trust aims to develop outstanding leadership at all levels, through a culture of nurturing and growing future leaders so that they can progress to leadership opportunities and roles within the trust.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at the academy ambassadors website.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Apply for Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Attenborough Learning Trust
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly