HR Business and Employee Relations Lead
BW is a leading independent UK consultancy dealing in risk, pensions, investment and insurance with over 1,250 employees spread across 8 offices. Our primary focus continues to be providing the personal, quality, tailored approach that has driven our success and has led to our high level of client retention. We seek to build stable and long-term partnerships with clients, supported by our low staff turnover thanks to our ongoing investment in our experts and our unique culture.
The HR team works across all our offices but the main presence is in Cheltenham and Bristol. It provides a full HR service to the Firm encompassing HR Operations, Reward, Talent Acquisition, People Development & Talent and Employee Relations.
The Employee Relations team works closely with Business Areas in creating a good working climate by offering expert advice and solutions in matters relating to employee engagement, wellbeing, HR procedures and employment law.
The HR Business and Employee Relations Lead is a HR professional who acts as an internal consultant working closely with the Head of HR, HR colleagues and the Business areas to support and deliver the HR people plan
This role heads up the Employee Relations hub (as well as temporary management of HR Operations Team). It has management for the ER team of HR Business Consultants and HR Business Advisor (and Operations Team Leader).
This role will also work closely with and support the Head of HR within the capacity of Hub Leader in the delivery of the HR team’s strategic objectives, as set out in the People strategy and HR strategic and operational Plans.
You will have several years' of experience operating at a senior level within an organisation of more than 500 employees and be a Chartered member of CIPD. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and drive things forward with excellent verbal and written communications. Other key experience includes:
- Good working knowledge of employment law
- Practical experience of managing TUPE
- Experience of managing a team and of working with a range of stake holders up to senior level
What's in it for you
- Working for a company listed as being in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2020
- A competitive (discretionary) annual bonus which has been paid out every year since BW's inception in 1989.
- A set of core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year
- A generous pension scheme – we contribute 8% from day one of your employment
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your age and lifestyle including holiday trading, tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover for family, extension of life assurance for partners, interest-free season ticket loan, dining card with discounts of up to 50%, give as you earn to your favourite charity, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including fitness centres, travel and leisure companies.
- Career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development.
- Fresh fruit and hot & cold drinks provided free of charge
- Sports & social clubs and groups
- Dress-down Fridays
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is an awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.