HR Data Manager
Are you obsessed with efficiency and creating simplicity? Are you driven by creating seamless customer journeys throughout the entire employee lifecycle? Are you passionate about designing and delivering key HR metrics upon which business strategy can be formed?
Reporting to the Head of HR, the HR Data Manager is a key member of the wider HR team. Put simply this role is in charge of our data, in reality this role shapes the way our people experience HR and the business utilises our data.
Working together with our HR, Learning & Development and Communications teams to identify efficiency gaps and continually seek improvements. This role is responsible for providing high standards of support to our people and the business as well as managing our HR systems, salary benchmarking, payroll function and benefits cycles.
Why work with us
Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 70 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
Haymarket has been creating world-class, media for over 60 years. Our 1,400 talented professionals make us who we are. We invest in our talent: creating great workplaces, great learning opportunities and great careers. Our team culture is collaborative, vibrant and sociable. We give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
- Management of HR systems and processes ensuring we exploit their full capabilities; training our people in their use and getting the most out of our suppliers (Experience with Unit 4, Business World an advantage)
- Providing high standards of support for the entire employee lifecycle within the HR function and for our employees across the UK, monitoring the quality of the services delivered
- Continual review and improvement of our HR processes ensuring ease of use for our people
- Ensure the provision of accurate, relevant people data to the business, providing commentary and analysis to contextualise and help stakeholders to define and implement suitable responses
- In conjunction with the HR SLT, management and review of our HR policies and procedures to ensure that they are in line with best practice, our values and culture
- Continual review of our contracts and other HR-generated documentation to ensure ease of understanding for our people and compliance with current employment law
- Working with the HR Assistant to manage the Payroll process and outsourced provider relationships
- Ensuring that Haymarket’s benefits are administered seamlessly and making sure that our benefit offering is relevant and attractive to our people and potential candidates
- Line management of HR Assistant
- Involvement in business change initiatives, working with the HRBP, e.g. TUPE, restructures, redundancies
- Keeps abreast of all legislative changes and identifies any potential impact on our data processing, internal policies and procedures
- Works flexibly as a team member, picking up generalist support when required, covering for absence and supporting various initiatives.
- CIPD qualified
- Sound knowledge of UK employment legislation and best practice
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to provide deep insight to senior leaders, helping them to drive the people agenda
- Strong business writing, presentation and delivery skills
- Ability to build credibility and influence at all levels throughout the organisation
- Position requires a high degree of flexibility and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong HRIS knowledge
- Strong organisational, computer and administrative skills
- You will always be an ambassador for the wider HR team and Haymarket as a whole
- Pragmatic and able to achieve the needs of the business in the best way possible, whilst managing the constraints of policy and legislation
- Professional integrity and confidentiality is key at all times
- The motivation to anticipate obstacles and pre-empt potential issues before they arise
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit your lifestyle
- Comprehensive training and development
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community. Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!