HR People and Engagement Manager
HR People and Engagement Manager / Human Resources Manager
Allet, Truro, Cornwall but supported to work regularly from home
£26,125 - £30,735
Our client is the leading conservation membership charity in Cornwall. They work with one and all to create a wilder Cornwall with people close to nature, and with land, rivers and seas rich in wildlife.
They are currently seeking an HR People and Engagement Manager to take the lead in all aspects of HR and wellbeing, making our client a great organisation to work for. You’ll have direct line management responsibility for one role along with managing volunteers where necessary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Evolving the approach to HR, including developing a self-service aspect for managers
- Creating and maintaining an effective personnel record system in-line with GDPR
- Owning the development of people policies to reflect the culture and ensure legal compliance
- Leading on developing a training programme
- Creating a framework via policies, processes and training to attract and keep great staff and volunteers
- Leading internal communications and engagement framework
Our client is looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Experience of managing difficult people situations and resolving conflict
- Capable of persuading and influencing others
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- Credibility along with integrity and the ability to adhere to confidentiality
- Resilient and able to manage difficult situations / deliver difficult messages
If this sounds like you and you are interested in helping to make our client a great organisation to work for, they’d love to hear from you.
The closing date for this role is midnight, Sunday 7th February.
Interviews will be held via Zoom or Teams on 17th February.