Senior HR Advisor
Senior HR Advisor – The Start Well Trust
Salary £35,316pa. Hours: 35 Hours per week, flexible working considered.
Location: Plumstead SE London with regular travel across the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
12 Month Fixed Term contract subject to review and potential extension.
We are looking for a HR professional, with experience of Employee Relations and TUPE to support The Start Well Trust through a period of organisational change.
The Start Well Trust brings together three local Children’s Centre organisations (including Home-Start Greenwich) to deliver an innovative model for Health Visiting, that wraps integrated services securely around children and families.
Home-Start Greenwich is providing HR support to the Start Well Trust during mobilisation and this role will support the TUPE transfer of around 100 staff from an NHS Trust to the Start Well Trust. Experience of NHS terms and conditions and policies and practice essential.
TUPE & Employee Relations
- Support and advise managers through TUPE transfer consultation ensuring change process runs smoothly and risks identified and mitigated.
- Carry out due diligence activity and ensure employment liabilities are clearly understood.
- Support and coach managers in addressing associated employment relation issues, encouraging issues to be resolved informally and promptly where-ever possible. To brief Senior Managers on serious cases and general trends.
- To ensure effective transfer of HR and payroll data to Start Well Trust.
- To work with managers across the Start Well Trust and mobilisation team to scope and deliver transformation activity post transfer - supporting the move to an integrated service model.
- Support the Head of People to develop and implement wider Human Resource policies including attendance and input at working groups, presentations to and training for managers.
- Work with mangers on workforce planning and recruitment
- Provide advice on NHS Agenda for Change staff Terms and Conditions, to ensure managers understand both this and wider HR good practice.
- To work with the Head of People (Home Start Greenwich) to put in place effective transactional processes and procedures.
- Ensure accurate documentation and staff files are maintained.
- To work with managers on proactive workforce planning and the identification of development and resourcing needs, to ensure that services can be delivered. This will include managing recruitment processes.
- To review and develop People processes post transfer.
- CIPD Membership and evidence of CPD.
- Understanding of NHS agenda for change T&Cs.
- Experience of managing TUPE transfers.
- Experience of managing complex ER cases.
- Experience of coaching managers.
- Strong attention to detail - and ability to control data.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Demonstratable experience of writing reports and identifying trends.
- Ability to formulate clear solutions to issues and to successfully negotiate with managers on their application.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a non-discriminatory, sensitive and respectful manner and an understanding of equality and diversity issues.
- Knowledge of current employment law with the ability to apply it giving appropriate advice to managers.
- A flexible approach
- Resilience in the face of competing priorities and difficult ER cases
Post will require Enhanced DBS clearance for the post and suitable Disqualification by Association record.
To apply please send a CV and brief covering to HR@homestartgreenwich.org.uk