HR Business Partner
Our mission in People Services (PS) is to help create an amazing place to work with flexibilities that enable people to thrive and live better and healthier lives through fulfilling work. We aim to do this by providing a great employee experience through a transformational PS function, centralising and simplifying HR operations, seeing our colleagues as our internal customers, and co-creating impactful people initiatives for work now and in the emerging future.
We are looking for a motivated HR Business Partner to join our team. This is a strategic role working at the very heart of Cardiff Met, partnering with our Deans, Directors and their teams. You’ll be a coach, sounding board and trusted strategic partner, helping our leaders to make the best people decisions, use a human approach to people management and drive forward their enabling strategies.
As a member of the People Services team you’ll also help drive the university-wide Strategic People Plan, supporting us to become more agile, be a great place to work and promoting our inclusion and diversity initiatives.
Using insights gained form people data, you will have the opportunity to lead, get involved in and drive a wide range of initiatives including strategic workforce planning, change management, supporting performance, talent development and organisation design and development and job evaluation.
You’ll be passionate about HR, willing to get stuck in, and resilient. Relationship building is key to this role.
What you’ll do – key duties
- Drive positive employee and leadership engagement through proposing and partnering with managers and senior leaders on creative and effective initiatives
- Act as an internal consultant to proactively propose, support and deliver strategic projects and other business improvements, helping to ensure the right strategic outcomes are delivered, bearing in mind success criteria and timelines.
- Lead and enable effective strategic workforce planning across the organisation and work within the business areas to enable a flexible, whole workforce approach that is aligned to the university’s strategic plan.
- Proactively evaluate trends and interpreting data, with support from People Analytics team to spot and address any people, process and policy changes, to help drive constant improvements and efficiencies across the business.
- Working in a virtual space with colleagues from across People Services on a range of agile transformational collaborative projects.
- Job evaluation
What you’ll bring – essential experience & strengths
- Experience of operating at a senior level within a progressive People environment.
- Completed CPD record to demonstrate your commitment to your development for the past 2 years.
- Experience of leading and coaching senior management teams to achieve optimum performance. Ability to influence peers and senior leaders.
- Great customer service skills and an excellent track record for building strong professional relationships and credibility across all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, a busy workload and prioritise competing demands in a calm and professional manner, inspiring trust and a sense of stability. Displays an approachable style to establish and maintain collaborative, trust-based relationships, and works effectively and inclusively with a range of people, keeping everyone up to date.
- Innovative, action orientated and proactive; exhibits a strong desire to complete assignments and deliver results through planning and prioritisation.
- Demonstrable experience of applying best practice HR at a strategic level to include Operational Management, Resourcing, Workforce Planning, Talent and Succession Planning.
- Relevant experience of resolving a wide variety of difficult employee relations situations.
- Good working knowledge of HR processes and practice, as well a sound grasp of employment law, Equalities and Confidentiality.
- Demonstrate persistence, creativity, resilience, adaptability and resourcefulness in the face of obstacles.
- Experience of Job Evaluation.
- Flexible in your approach and willing to work at all levels – you're as happy coaching a colleague through a problem as you are supporting a big strategic problem
- Comfortable with, and able to support others navigate through, ambiguity and change
- Strong project management skills; identifies and executes steps to achieve tasks, goals, objectives and results.
- Digitally competent and confident, and experienced in using the Microsoft suite of applications.
- Inclusive and collaborative approach, working with honesty, respect and compassion
- Comfortable with data and curious about people analytics. Ability to communicate insight to business area colleagues and influence evidenced based people practices.
- Strong presentation skills
What you’ll have - essential qualifications
- CIPD qualification; level 7 / Advanced
- CIPD membership; Chartered / Fellow
- Coaching qualification at Level 5 or ability to attain
How to apply
If you would like to talk with us about this opportunity please contact Vanessa White , Deputy Director of People Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
To start your application please visit www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date: Friday 5th March 2021, 4:30 pm
Should a high volume of applications be received, we may need to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage you to apply as early as possible.
We are committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. Our Strategic Plan underpins our commitment to recruit and retain the best talent and we welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds. We appoint on merit.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic all of our recruitment is being conducted virtually. We aim to respond to your application as soon as possible.
Please visit our website for information about working for us, our culture, benefits, work-life balance and our career progression and development opportunities.