Human Resources Management System (HRMS) Manager
Our mission in People Services (PS) is to help create an amazing place to work with flexibilities that enable people to thrive and live better and healthier lives through fulfilling work. We aim to do this by providing a great employee experience through a transformational PS function, centralising and simplifying HR operations, seeing our colleagues as our internal customers, and co-creating impactful people initiatives for work now and in the emerging future.
We are looking for an experienced HRMS Manager to join our team. This is a new exciting leadership role with plenty of opportunity for you to shape the future of how we embrace and exploit technology to create powerful platforms and to provide accurate intel.
Our integrated HR and Payroll system is fundamental to our daily operations. A key role within our People Operations team, you will be instrumental in leading systems improvements and increasing systems capability using an agile approach to enhance the user experience. You will work with key stakeholders from across the University to identify ways in which the system can be improved to help achieve and deliver objectives. You’ll also be managing and developing a small team of system administrators.
You are someone who excels at both IT and the development of HR systems, as well as having a thorough understanding of customer and process design. You will be up to date with the latest developments in IT to maximize and continually improve the service we provide, and how it applies to the business.
You will manage and develop our systems team.
You will be an enthusiastic and friendly professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with a commitment to providing an excellent student experience.
What you’ll do – key duties
- Act as the lead in the delivery of technology change projects
- Point of contact for People Services colleagues and main ‘superuser’ for HRMS related queries.
- Escalating complex support requests with suppliers as required to provide satisfactory customer solutions
- Act as a liaison between People Services, Payroll and Library & Information Services, to ensure the system is maintained, compliant and kept up to date
- Investigate and resolve any underlying problems with existing setup
- Maintenance, troubleshooting issues connected with system interfaces, reports, configurations and version updates within the system and liaising with all internal & external stakeholders as required
- Identify and lead system enhancements, exploiting the system to its full capability and automating processes as much as possible
- Work with People Analytics to create and develop real time dashboards and a suite of reports. Ensure that data held in HR systems is accurate and complete and complies with GDPR legislation.
- Help ensure our data remains up to date and accurate by implementing validation tools
- Lead and develop a small team of system administrators
What you’ll bring – essential experience & strengths
- Experience of maintaining and developing IT systems to support the business, including maintenance, trouble-shooting and version updates to implementing new systems and packages- experience of using iTrent is beneficial but not essential
- Experience of working with third-party consultants
- Expert knowledge of applications and methodologies, particularly Project Management and process design
- Sound knowledge of information systems and interfaces
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines whilst remaining focused and calm
- Inquisitive thinker with strong problem-solving skills and great attention to detail
- People Management skills, as you will be managing performance and developing your team
- The ability to speak Welsh is desired but not essential for this role
What you’ll have - essential qualifications
- Information Technology/Computing Degree
How to apply
If you would like to talk with us about this opportunity please contact Laura Strange, Head of People Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
To start your application please visit www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date: Friday 5th March 2021 at 4:30pm
Should a high volume of applications be received, we may need to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage you to apply as early as possible.
We are committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. Our Strategic Plan underpins our commitment to recruit and retain the best talent and we welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds. We appoint on merit.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic all of our recruitment is being conducted virtually. We aim to respond to your application as soon as possible.
Please visit our website for information about working for us, our culture, benefits, work-life balance and our career progression and development opportunities.