Our mission in People Services (PS) is to help create an amazing place to work with flexibilities that enable people to thrive and live better and healthier lives through fulfilling work. We aim to do this by providing a great employee experience through a transformational PS function, centralising and simplifying HR operations, seeing our colleagues as our internal customers, and co-creating impactful people initiatives for work now and in the emerging future.
We are looking for an experienced Recruitment Manager to join our team. This is a new exciting leadership role with plenty of opportunity for you to shape the future of how we attract and recruit the very best talent, providing an agile workforce that can swiftly adapt to the needs of our students, community and stakeholders.
You will be a proactive and well-informed recruitment expert and be fully conversant with what skills and tools employers and people need for the future world of working. You will play a pivotal role in designing and developing our employer branding, raising our profile to distinguish us as an inclusive employer of choice and a stand out place to work for all.
You will provide a robust and first-class candidate experience and will embrace technology, digital platforms and social media.
You will manage and develop our recruitment team.
You will be an enthusiastic and friendly professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with a commitment to providing an excellent student experience.
What you’ll do – key duties
- Work in collaboration with hiring managers across the University in order to ensure resourcing requirements are fully understood and to meet recruitment requirements in an efficient and timely manner.
- Engage with key stakeholders and work closely with the HR System Developers to design and continually advance and automate the virtual recruitment process from attraction through to successful appointment.
- Provide advice and develop guidance to support managers with the selection process, including advising on the best use of interview assessment tools relevant to the position, to ensure we appoint the very best.
- Use data to inform resourcing decisions, track the candidate experience throughout the recruitment and on-boarding process to ensure continuous improvement and undertake regular reviews of leaver data to identify areas of improvement.
- Participate in cross functional team transformational projects, such as the development of a Strategic Workforce Planning approach throughout the university.
- Work with colleagues across the University, in particular Marketing & External Relations, to position and showcase the University as an employer of choice for all.
- Fully exploit the use of digital platforms and social media to market the University. Build and maintain a resourcing talent pool and create long-lasting relationships with prospective candidates.
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly recruitment campaigns to stakeholders and forecast and track key performance indicators.
What you’ll bring – essential experience & strengths
- A customer focused recruitment experience.
- Experience of working with recruitment agencies, head-hunters and executive searchers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working as part of a team with both internal and external stakeholders
- Able to influence and challenge managers at all levels, towards effective recruitment and business solutions.
- Expert knowledge of recruitment digital platforms and social media including a sound knowledge of information systems and interfaces.
- Inquisitive thinker with strong problem-solving skills and great attention to detail.
- People Management skills, as you will be managing performance and developing your team.
What you’ll have - essential qualifications
- CIPD qualification; level 7 / Advanced CIPD membership; Chartered / Fellow
How to apply
If you would like to talk with us about this opportunity please contact Laura Strange, Head of People Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
To start your application please visit www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date: Friday 5th March 2021 at 4:30pm
Should a high volume of applications be received, we may need to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage you to apply as early as possible.
We are committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. Our Strategic Plan underpins our commitment to recruit and retain the best talent and we welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds. We appoint on merit.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic all of our recruitment is being conducted virtually. We aim to respond to your application as soon as possible.
Please visit our website for information about working for us, our culture, benefits, work-life balance and our career progression and development opportunities.