Head of People Analytics
Our mission in People Services (PS) is to help create an amazing place to work with flexibilities that enable people to thrive and live better and healthier lives through fulfilling work. We aim to do this by providing a great employee experience through a transformational PS function, centralising and simplifying HR operations, seeing our colleagues as our internal customers, and co-creating impactful people initiatives for work now and in the emerging future.
We are looking for a motivated People Analytics leader to join our team and establish our People Analytics unit. You will use your expertise to influence decisions using people data. The more we know and understand about the people that work in our organisation, the more we can leverage it to make Cardiff Met an amazing place to work with engaged people who deliver high performance.
People Analytics will be the data hub for People Services, providing data insight for specialist areas such as Pay and Reward, Learning and Development, Workforce Planning, Organisational Development, Wellbeing, and HR Business Partners.
The right insights based on our people data will ensure that we make the right improvements and will help shape our people solutions and influence our people agenda.
You will help us by applying qualitative and quantitative research and robust analytical techniques to our people data, moving us in maturity from descriptive to predictive analytics.
You will be an enthusiastic and friendly professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with a commitment to providing an excellent student experience.
What you’ll do – key duties
As the Head of People Analytics you will be able to influence and shape the People Strategic Plan by providing crucial insight on latest workforce trends, adding context to reports, preparing one-off research pieces and leading continuous improvements in our workforce related policies and practices.
You will be responsible for creating and establishing the People Analytics team as well developing our methods to include quantitative, qualitative analysis and predictive modeling to maximise the value of our insights.
- Create and establish the People Analytics team which is responsible for providing data insights and information to our People Services and wider University leadership teams
- Shape and develop the Cardiff Met People Analytics Strategy.
- Ensure data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data and contributing to the design of data collection methods for internal people metrics
- Support designs and build workforce dashboards that enable business decision making
- Lead the analysis and interpretation of data to determine the root cause of current and emerging workforce issues, to drive improvement and innovation across the organisation
- Implement best practices and ensure that statistical analyses are performed in accordance with good statistical practice and applicable privacy regulations
- Develop capability within the team to deliver insightful/predictive analysis that encourages curiosity and creates cultural shift
- Measure and drive the efficiency and effectiveness of People Services and business processes through developing KPIs
- Confident in engaging with a wide range of stakeholders and presenting complex information to people from a non-technical background to drive developments and solutions
- Provide people data reporting to external HE organisations
What you’ll bring – essential experience & strengths
This role requires someone with a passion for analysis, innovation, and creativity.
- Good analytical skills, with the ability to use a variety of data tools, programmes and sources to extract, blend and visualise data for different audiences ranging from the top-level committees to managers and support areas
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques and an aptitude for interpreting and disseminating analytical findings
- Experience of conducting statistical analysis on people data.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing insight to People Services and business colleagues and influence their ability to think laterally and strategically to develop people and policy decision making and drive positive action
- A knowledge of good practice people interventions designed to increase all elements of an employee’s experience at work, including but not limited to engagement, performance, retention, reward, talent, learning and capability
- The ability to build and maintain effective relationships with senior stakeholders across the business and externally
- Ability to lead and manage people, prioritise and lead numerous projects simultaneously.
- Excellent team working skills, with an ability to work autonomously, with pace and with attention to detail
- Take responsibility of your own learning and development, review existing learning and development opportunities and provide recommendations to develop the capability of the team overall
What you’ll have - essential qualifications
- A degree in an analytical or social/behavioural science discipline
- (e.g. Psychology, Criminology, Human Resources Management), or equivalent experience
- CIPD accreditation, a related field, or a willingness to study to achieve it
- Experience of R programming, or a willingness to learn
- Experience of using innovative visualisation techniques such as Tableau and R Shiny
- Welsh Speaker/Welsh Learner
How to apply
If you would like to talk with us about this opportunity please contact Ashley Flaherty, Director of People Services at AFlaherty@cardiffmet.ac.uk
To start your application please visit www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date: Friday 5th March at 4:30pm
Should a high volume of applications be received, we may need to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage you to apply as early as possible.
We are committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. Our Strategic Plan underpins our commitment to recruit and retain the best talent and we welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds. We appoint on merit.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic all of our recruitment is being conducted virtually. We aim to respond to your application as soon as possible.
Please visit our website for information about working for us, our culture, benefits, work-life balance and our career progression and development opportunities.