Programme Support Manager
Our mission in People Services (PS) is to help create an amazing place to work with flexibilities that enable people to thrive and live better and healthier lives through fulfilling work. We aim to do this by providing a great employee experience through a transformational PS function, centralising and simplifying HR operations, seeing our colleagues as our internal customers, and co-creating impactful people initiatives for work now and in the emerging future. Our HR Business Partners work with business areas to achieve their strategic aims.
People Services includes Strategy, Partnerships and Organisational Development, People Operations & Systems, People Analytics and Specialist ER teams. We also work collaboratively with each other in a virtual space on cross-functional projects.
The People Services work portfolio is diverse and responsive to business needs. The role of the Programme Support Manager is to make sure that as a People Services team we plan, monitor, work in cross-functional teams and deliver on key transformational projects to shape the future of the organization as well as ensuring that day to day operations are efficient and the work between the teams is cohesive and coordinated.
Our People Services team has a new vision and mission and you will be responsible for planning and proactively monitoring the progress of the People Services’ Work Plan, ensuring we focus on our priorities and meet our KPI’s. Ensuring appropriate governance, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
You will provide efficient, effective and professional support to the People Services leadership team, which will include assisting in the implementation of policies and supporting the production of documents, reports and presentations.
As you can see your duties will be wide ranging; and therefore, you will be highly organised, a confident leader, assertive and a great team player.
You will be an enthusiastic and friendly professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with a commitment to providing an excellent student experience.
What you'll do - key duties
The Programme Support Manager is responsible for:
- Using project management disciplines to plan and design the People Services Work Plan and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Ensuring the People Services work plan governance arrangements are fit for purpose
- Managing the dependencies, the interfaces between projects and risks ensuring that the People Services work programme has a successful outcome
- Preparing and managing the communication strategy that explains the People Services Work Plan that underpins the Strategic People Plan
- Overseeing the progress of the People Service function’s own transformational change programme – Twenty-One in ‘21
- Managing any related budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
- Facilitating the resource of individuals to the virtual project teams
- Role modelling using an agile approach, and supporting the rest of the People Services to work in this way
- Support the People Services Leadership team on the transition to the new business as usual position
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the Director of People Services flagging issues early, and proactively suggesting potentially remedies
What you’ll bring – essential experience & strengths
- Proven experience in programme management
- Proven stakeholder management skill
- Digitally literate with excellent competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience of project management and Agile Change
- A passion for understanding how people, teams and organisations can be enabled to drive high performance
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, a busy workload and prioritise competing demands in a calm and professional manner, inspiring trust and a sense of stability
- Display an approachable style to establish and maintain collaborative, trust-based relationships, and works effectively and inclusively with a range of people, keeping everyone up to date
- A demonstrable focus on exceptional customer service
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to speak Welsh is desired, and not essential for this role
What you’ll have - essential qualifications
- Degree or equivalent
- Project Management qualification and working knowledge of Agile Change
How to apply
If you would like to talk with us about this opportunity please contact Ashley Flaherty, Director of People Services at AFlaherty@cardiffmet.ac.uk
To start your application please visit www.cardiffmet.ac.uk/jobs
Closing date: Friday 5th March 2021 at 4:30pm
Should a high volume of applications be received, we may need to close this vacancy early. We therefore encourage you to apply as early as possible.
We are committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. Our Strategic Plan underpins our commitment to recruit and retain the best talent and we welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds. We appoint on merit.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic all of our recruitment is being conducted virtually. We aim to respond to your application as soon as possible.
Please visit our website for information about working for us, our culture, benefits, work-life balance and our career progression and development opportunities.