Delivering effective HR administrative support
You will play a key role in supporting the organisation by delivering efficient and effective day-to-day HR administration and advice across all aspects of the employee life cycle, including onboarding, probation, contractual changes and the leaver process. You will also support the organisation with placing and maintaining freelancer contracts. This role is part of an established and busy HR team. You should be looking for an environment where you can make a real difference and contribute to the overall HR agenda by providing excellent administrative support.
What you’ll be doing
- Drafting and issuing offer and contract paperwork
- Creating and populating new employee records on the HR system
- Implement contractual changes and ensure HR systems are updated
- Administering the leavers process, ensuring records are closed and all paperwork finalised
- Conducting exit interviews and record findings if requested by leaver.
- Conducting regular audits of HR data to ensure it is accurate
- Refining existing HR administration processes to ensure these remain fit-for-purpose
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of the ‘HR Mailbox’ in outlook
- Provide clear, concise and timely advice in response to queries from employees and line managers and escalate when necessary
- Working with the HR Business Partners to conduct and take notes in formal meetings such as probation and sickness reviews
- Daily monitoring and maintenance of the ‘Freelancer Admin’ mailbox and freelancer tracker
Join the BPP Family
The world is changing. Help us disrupt, innovate and achieve our collective goal of Building Careers Through Education. Established for over 40 years, we’re a global education provider delivering diverse qualifications for professionals at every stage of their career.
Committed? Passionate? Self-determined? Now’s your chance to be part of our exciting world.
What we’re looking for
- Proven HR administrative experience with the ability to carry out operational tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of HR databases – experience of Zellis Resourcelink would be advantageous
- Demonstrable ability to work to a high degree of accuracy with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience of providing first-line support to employees in line with company processes/policies
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships with stakeholders internally and externally
- Confidence to challenge managers when advising around due process
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively
- Proven ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, taking accountability for your workload
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, 365 and Outlook to include mail merges and detailed spreadsheet work
- Good understanding of GDPR and its implications, with the ability to maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality at all times