Human Resource Business Partner
We are seeking an exceptional Human Resources Business Partner who is passionate about making a difference and excited by the opportunity to positively contribute to the lives, life chances and opportunities of thousands of young people.
Wellspring is an established and growing Multi-Academy Trust with a difference. We operate Primary, Secondary, Special and Alternative Academies across Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and the Humber. Alongside our core purpose - providing a sustainably outstanding and inclusive school experience for all - Wellspring delivers on a broader social responsibility agenda, adding value to the broader communities we serve.
Our people are our greatest asset, and we are committed to maximising their engagement, professional autonomy and impact. We believe in the vital importance of ongoing professional training and development. The Human Resources Business Partner will make a significant contribution to the development of our workforce alongside our Head of HR, Executive Principals and the Trust Leadership Team.
Reporting to the Head of HR, the post holder will establish strong, trusting professional relationships with both Wellspring’s leaders and external clients. They will provide commercially astute advice and support in managing employee resources and relations in a fair and equitable way, ensuring compliance with HR policies, procedures, best practice, employment legislation and terms and conditions of employment.
We require a professional with a strong track-record of service delivery with a thorough knowledge of both employment legislation and statutory requirements.
The role will involve travel to professional engagements throughout the region and is likely to involve some work outside of normal office hours.
For further information please visit our careers page:
Flexible working in operation
Hours: 37.5 per week/ 52 weeks per year
Based at home and/or an Academy location (depending on the successful candidate’s home-base)
Closing date 18th March 2021 at 1pm
Purpose of the post
To work in partnership with both internal and external clients providing robust advice and support to assist and support in managing employee resources and relations in a fair and equitable way. Ensuring compliance with HR policies, procedures, best practice, employment legislation and terms and conditions of employment.
- To provide professional advice on the interpretation of HR Policies and Procedures and terms and conditions of employment taking account of statutory requirements and the culture of the organisation.
- To develop and maintain close collaborative, integrated and professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Trade Unions, Professional Associations and Workers Representatives. Ensure effective appropriate consultation arrangements are implemented.
- To advise internal and external clients on panel hearings and appeals on all issues relating to the HR Cycle including discipline, grievance, performance management, re-structures, redundancy, managing and sickness absence on site and remote.
- To lead on Academy conversions.
- To participate in negotiations and consultations with the relevant trade unions in respect of the Trusts Joint Consultation and Negotiation Committee meetings as well as potentially those of external customers.
- To advise internal and external customers with the process to be followed with Employment Tribunal Claims including attendance at Hearings when required.
- Review, as requested, existing policies and procedures and develop new policies and procedures through researching current and new legislative requirements and best practice guidance, taking account of Trust objectives and client requirements.
- Develop and deliver briefing and training sessions.
- Responsible for securing new clients by marketing the service in a positive and professional manner, undertaking campaigns to increase the client base.
- Deliver a customer focused service to maximise opportunities to grow the business.
- Undertake specific project/consultancy work as agreed by the Head of HR.
- Research, prepare and deliver reports and briefings suitable for a variety of audiences.
- Utilise a variety of software packages to maintain accurate records and data.
- Keep abreast of wider developments as well as maintain up to date knowledge of local and national regulations and legislation which will have implications for service delivery and satisfy customer demands.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role as requested by management.