Due to expansion, we are seeking an experienced HR Consultant to join our highly effective team which has high standards and a passion for delivering excellent outcomes within the Education field.
Heads HR is a Consultancy that is dedicated to working with Schools, well-known within the Education sector, we have grown by recommendation and reputation.
As an HR Consultant, you will be liaising with Headteachers, School Business Managers and Governors supporting them with employee relations issues, restructuring, TUPE and advising on current legislation and school terms and conditions. It’s a hands-on role so it’s crucial that you have consultancy skills, confidence and relish autonomy.
You must be a qualified and experienced HR Practitioner, ideally have schools-based knowledge and an understanding of Teacher and Support staff conditions of service. Experience of working with Trade Unions is also desirable.
You will have your own established customer base, gaining great exposure for your work whilst delivering a customer focused service, building strong relationships and maximising opportunities to grow the business. The role will involve regular travel within the Greater Manchester and Cheshire locality and is likely to involve some work outside of ‘normal’ office hours. In addition, we offer a collaborative and supportive culture, with a big focus on personal and professional development.
You will need:
- Proven experience in providing professional advice on HR policies and terms and conditions of employment taking account of statutory requirements and the school culture.
- Demonstrable experience on advising at Hearings and Appeals on all issues relating to the HR remit
- The skills and ability to develop and maintain close collaborative and professional relationships with customers
- Experience in employee relations and working with trade unions - with the ability to consult and influence
- Committed to ongoing professional development ensuring you are up to date with current/ legislative requirements and best practice guidance in order that this is reflective in the advice given to clients
If you think you have the skills and attributes for this role and your personality and approach aligns to our values, please send us your CV with a cover letter outlining your rationale for your application and what you believe you can offer Heads HR.
Applications to be received by 9am 8th April