Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION OFFICER
(Fixed term contract for 1 year)
Mayflower Theatre is the largest independent theatre in the south of the UK. On our stage are a wide range of shows including large scale musicals, opera and dance.
MAST Mayflower Studios will open in late spring 2021 as a multi art form performance and participation space and a creative hub with the aim to recruit people who are committed to developing the potential of the creative community in Southampton, giving opportunities for all and helping achieve Southampton’s aspiration to be City of Culture in 2025.
This is a newly created position, reinforcing our commitment to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. This is key to our business plans and people strategy to ensure we can attract, engage and retain diverse talent.
You will be:
- Reviewing and identifying priorities to improve both diversity and inclusion within the business and to implement a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) strategy.
- Developing a strategy and implementing diversity and inclusion plans and objectives that enable Mayflower Theatre/MAST Mayflower Studios to be fully inclusive organisations.
- Acting as an internal expert, key influencer and advocate on EDI issues
- Supporting communications on Diversity and Inclusion (DI) topics, ensuring all language is inclusive
- A member of our Diversity groups and supporting the delivery of the DI plans
- Collect and analyse data to help identify trends, insights and gaps to inform strategy as well as relevant actions needed
- Complete a full policy review including rewriting the staff handbooks
Ideally you will have:
- A solid understanding and awareness of diversity and inclusion issues, trends and legislation, and a pro-active approach to keeping up-to-date with best practice
- Experience of developing and delivering strategic plans and programs for inclusion
- Experience of inspiring, informing, supporting and challenging a range of colleagues, enabling them to increase knowledge and skills in diversity and become leaders for inclusion
- Experience designing company policies like anti-discrimination and equal employer opportunity
- Change and project management skills
- High level of self-awareness, empathy, integrity and confidentiality
- Well connected with external EDI networks and communities
- An organised and methodical approach to planning and organising workload
- Experience as a coach, trainer, mentor
- Experience delivering business-wide initiatives within a charitable / arts setting
Salary: £27,000 pa plus benefits, 37.5 hours per week, some weekend working may be required. Applications by midnight on 28 March 2021; first interviews will be held on 7 April 2021, via Zoom.
Full details including job descriptions can be found at https://www.mayflower.org.uk/about-us/careers/ or https://www.mayflowerstudios.org.uk/about-us/careers
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the HR Team. If you are interested and would like to apply please go to https://www.cloudonlinerecruitment.co.uk/mayflowertheatre/
We are committed to providing an accessible recruitment process for all candidates, therefore if you have any additional requirements to complete your application form please contact the HR Team at email@example.com or on 02380 711800 ext. 0.
We are able to offer application forms and other documentation in large text and dyslexia friendly text. We are equal opportunities employers and welcome applications from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees and customers. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met. We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion and so welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Closing date: 28 March 2021