Head of Human Resources
Purpose of the role:
To support the Trust with the strategy and delivery of a highly efficient and commercial HR function.
Including accountability for the relevant statutory frameworks.
- Work with the COO to develop the HR strategy for Inspire to help support the overall Trust development strategy.
- Use expertise and seek advice where necessary to mitigate risk, covering all areas of HR.
- Apply HR best practice to help drive performance across all areas of the Trust
- Lead the professional standard for the HR service.
- Contribute at a strategic level to identify HR and resourcing priorities and recommend solutions which support the Trust's aims.
- Ensure all HR policies and procedures are up to date in terms of best practice and legislative changes.
- Produce appropriate reports for the Trust Executive Team, Headteachers and the Trust Boards
- Guide Headteachers and Trust Leaders on the resolution of complex or sensitive HR matters
- Drive for continuous improvement in performance through people and organisational development.
Leadership & Development
- Support the Trust Leaders, Headteachers and, School Business Managers to secure effective resource deployment leading to improved outcomes.
- Co-ordinate the annual performance management process
- Lead and promote the Trust learning and development offering ensuring the Trust
- Act as a role model for people leadership and development
- Support a positive culture throughout the Trust and promote behaviours that exemplify the Trust's values.
- Take responsibility for own personal development.
- Lead the implementation of the new Trust HR system and set up processes and workflows to ensure all schools work to consistent and robust processes for HR management
- Develop the HR processes to ensure HR information, policies and procedures are properly managed and implemented and best practice is shared across the Trust.
- Support the budgeting process related to staffing to ensure the budgets reflect expected benchmarks, staffing structures and best practice.
- Lead the development and implementation of recruitment and assessment processes to deliver the strategic and operational requirements across the Trust.
- To develop and oversee processes for managing recruitment and onboarding, including compliance with all safer recruitment checks and other legal requirements relating to right to work in the UK.
- Develop and oversee consistent processes for absence monitoring across the Trust.
- Proactively support Trust Leaders, Headteachers and SBMs with advice on HR casework including Discipline, Grievance, Capability/Performance, Absence Management and organisational restructuring (including TUPE transfers and/or redundancies).
- Support the CEO and COO in developing national and regional relationships with Trade Unions.
- Participate in national and local networks of HR professionals so that the Trust is alert to new trends and is familiar with current best practice.
- Refer to and liaise with external HR, legal and H&S advisors to ensure actions and decisions reflect best practice and comply with relevant legal requirements.
- Take a significant role in influencing collaborative working, team dynamics and delivering outputs which improve operational effectiveness.
This job description only contains the main accountabilities relating to the post and does not describe in detail all the duties required to carry them out. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities that are commensurate with the nature and level of the post.
For more information about Inspire Partnership, please visit https://www.inspirepartnership.co.uk/